Author Topic: The OzInverter 6kW -15kW New Power Board.  (Read 65700 times)

oztules

• Village idiot
Re: The OzInverter 6kW -15kW New Power Board.
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2016, 10:43:26 PM »
Couldn't wait.... so rebuilt one board out of three dud 002's... and were trying again.

Found the hairline crack that caused all the snafu's.... not happy about it, but there it was... if found sooner would have saved a lot of swearing.....

In the quest for power supply stability on switch on, decided to make it tip35c for both 12v and 5v with 120R and 100uf capacitior to dull the start up spikes.... seems to have quelled all resistance from that quarter.

If the damn thing didn't work so darn well, I would make the triple pwm supply and get away from the 2110..... but it works so well, I can't justify it on performance terms....

Anyway, second board is working as well as the first now, and waiting for more boards to come... see how many I can destroy next time.

The hairline crack was a bitch, and the board I know is experimental, but I wish I had spent more than a few minutes drawing it up... those tracks are too thin for my board making skills, and the pads too small..... needs a resign for experimental part 2...

Looks good so far Clockman, the diodes should be shottky ( frackers recommends 1N5819 ).

...............oztules
Flinders Island Australia

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2016, 10:44:45 PM »
7805's do not like high voltages... go over 18 at your own risk... make sure you have filtering caps around the 7805 also. I don't remember the exact values but both input and output need them.

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #68 on: March 26, 2016, 02:15:48 AM »
Thanks Mary... I've dumped the 7805 for the moment, and running tip35c...

As an aside, are you on the air, and if so when ( ish) ( I was asked to ask you from VK7.... )... or pm me if you want to do that instead

.................oztules

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #69 on: March 26, 2016, 03:51:09 PM »
I am on the air but fighting severe power line interference. Like S9++ on HF and when I point at it on 2 meters it is S9+60. In a bad spot too, where my moon rise is so it kills doing EME.

frwainscott

« Reply #70 on: April 10, 2016, 05:16:12 PM »
 Oz,

Referring to reply #39, You are absolutely right. Thanks.... I was focused totally on the egs002 circuitry and was not even putting any focus on the fets and circuitry beyond the egs002.

I hope all will excuse my ignorance as i am "LEARNING TO FLY".
There are three sides to every story: Yours,Mine,& the cold hard truth!

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2016, 04:47:50 AM »
This is the wrong thread I suspect, but for completedness  here is the latest offerings...
I have moved on from the 002, not because it is no good, as it is a ripper really, but I wanted a non imported board, and settled for the 8010 chip.

So now we have three plug in chips only to replace if the worst should happen, ( it does not look likely at all I might say)... board looks like this
9671-0

It looks like this
[ Specified attachment is not available ]
It works flawlessly, at up to 12kw surges, and 4kw cont... remarkable, wave is good, voltage stability from zero to a dead 4kw instantly has only 1 volt max variation.... yes it is impressive.

The 8010 chip costs about $1.50 AUD..... not worth burning your own... I can't buy a blank for that.

...............oztules

frackers

• Picard spits "Hello"
« Reply #72 on: April 12, 2016, 08:06:35 AM »
The 8010 chip costs about $1.50 AUD..... not worth burning your own... I can't buy a blank for that.

I get the impression that the 8010 chip comes in several flavours - how do you ensure you get the right one? Are you lifting them from an EGS002 board?

I'm in the middle of the walnut harvest here (probably another 3 weeks) no not much progress on getting a logic analyser onto the 8010 on a 002 board to see what makes it fly!!

Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #73 on: April 12, 2016, 09:30:09 AM »
talk to the seller i suspect..... yes... getting one off the 002 works too.

..........oztules

giordanto1971

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2016, 02:02:18 AM »
Hi
I'm italian hobbyst and i'm interested to the power sinusoidal inverter.
In the past i made some small modified sinewave inverter at about 500W with a stamndard transformer.
Now I want to build something bigger and whit a sonusoidal output (so no noise and no problem with induction motors).
I need a 6KW power.
I have already a toroidal transformer 220V at the primary and 32V at the secondary with 5000VA power.
I have some EGS02 module too.
I need the complete schematic of the control board, with the bill of materials and tha same for the power board.
I am aware that I am asking a lot but I want to build something much better and i want to risk.
Can you help me please?
If you want you can send me the schematic to my email: giordanto1971_AT_libero_DOT_it.
Thanks in advance.
Best regard
(forgive my bad english).
Antonino Giordano

Antonio, It's not a good idea to leave your full email address on here.
AND it would be better to ask via PM messages.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 12:18:05 PM by Bruce S »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
Everything you need is in this thread....  http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,1116.0.html   history, failures etc... inc pdf of boards and someone has done a circuit as well I think..

This is the relavent post perhaps
http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,1116.msg11614.html#msg11614

Here is a circuit for the power board...

9692-0

The resistors need to be changed to 5r6 and reversing diodes placed across them.
Clockman has provided the screen for it.

...........oztules

clockmanFRA

• Renewable Energy creation
« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2016, 04:58:05 AM »
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/10pcs-lot-New-EG8010-LQFP-32-Sine-wave-inverter-chip/32605461001.html

The 8010 chip, that has the correct numbers...... 1536  at the end.

I have ordered and they are on the way. ...... we will see.....

6kW-16kW Power Boards..... The only sticking issue at present is the heat sinks, one is  271mm x 80mm x 26mm and the other two are 131mm x 80 x 26. These are coming from China, what we want, and good low cost, but, been nearly 7 weeks now.
 These are important as I might need to redesign the mounting positions as the long heat sink makes the big PCB Power Board ridged, important with those 9off 16mm/2 flex cables secured to the heat sinks. Vertical upright mounting can not be beaten for simple heat dissipation and simple fan cooling.

On the Power Boards themselves I have allowed the Solder mask around the FET legs a lot of space for extra solder etc, (straps if needed, but need to test at 15kW, approx 300amps).

The real size board masks that will go with the, "Making a Low cost, simple and Robust 6kW, 50HZ Pure Sine Wave, 48vdc to 230vac, INVERTER."    book as a pull out, will have the option for solder masks as folk might not have the option for double copper thickness on their boards, so will need to beef up the copper.

I will also do the book with the option of also purchasing the bare PCB boards, that's the '6kW-15kW Power Board' and the 'OzControl Board'.

Just finishing the 'OzControl Board'.
 'OzControl Board' ....... again Credit where credit is due.

And this Old Fool will need to ask 'oztules' a couple of questions ?.

Everything is possible, just give me time.

OzInverter man. Normandy France.
http://www.bryanhorology.com/renewable-energy-creation.php

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2016, 09:14:38 AM »
For those in australia using the inspire inverters... we get massive heat sinks... so I built one today like this

http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php/topic,1116.msg11763.html#msg11763

..........oztules

giordanto1971

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2016, 10:56:58 AM »
HI
thanks for the quick response, it is a real pleasure for me to ask for explanations and receive them.
I will start to work on the inverter as soon as possible.
if I have problems I will contact you.
I appreciate your cooperation and your explanations.
regards

Antonino Giordano

clockmanFRA

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2016, 01:40:49 PM »
Oztules....

Question please.

How does the 8010 chip handle the back charging, ie, my Grid tie Inverters sending there power through the Ozinverter to the batteries, that's if the Grid tie power is not being used.

At present the PJ arrangement allows a slight rise in the 230vac to 242vac then the GTI's shut down, or the safety relay activates if the batteries DC charge controllers activate to Float mode.

Just not sure how the 8010 will regulate itself.

3 Hugh P's 3.7m Wind T's (12 years) .. 5kW PV on 3 Trackers, (8 yrs) .. 9kW PV AC coupled to OzInverter MINI Grid, back charging AC Coupling to 48v 1300ah battery

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2016, 04:39:23 PM »
Good source for heatsink extrusions in the USA http://www.heatsinkusa.com/10-080/

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2016, 05:43:14 PM »
Clockman.
It is a function of the synchronous switching of the H bridge, that power will go both ways... so by definition backfeeding will be the same as the PJ in every way.... no control over the battery voltage unless you control it with a separate controller to turn the gti of when batts are full.

Nothing will change for you.

The charging by the PJ in the official mode is controllable, but the software knows whats going on then, and acts accordingly, but not with GTI.

..........oztules

clockmanFRA

« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2016, 04:36:49 AM »
Thanks.

Reason for asking ........ Now that i am actually doing your OzControl Board i notice that the Chip wants to see the AC, well the rectified clean signal, on Pin 13, 14, and 15.

I therefore presume this is for HZ stability, and will not be effected by voltage rise. Thanks.

I see you dumped some of the earlier Cap cans 4u7, ? replaced with polarised Tant beads?

The 10k and 2k trimmers, what result are we looking for here?.

Mary B,........... sadly the fins are in the wrong direction. This is what i am after so folk can have a steady supply........

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #83 on: April 15, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
Huh? Lost me.. they have many other heatsinks and you order by the inch! http://www.heatsinkusa.com/

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2016, 09:10:59 PM »
No Clockman, they are these
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/221465112357?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
monolithic ceramic chip... small, and non-polarised.

pin 15 is temp shut down/sense... depends how you want to use it.
pin 14 current sense input 2k voltage divider from CT
pin 13 voltage sense input 10k voltage divider from 240v ac output.

Voltage sense is to keep voltage at 240v or whatever you set the pot for.
current sense is for shut down at whatever level you set.

frequency is not sensed, it is set by jumpers  etc.

...........oztules

clockmanFRA

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2016, 04:02:25 AM »
Yet again, thank you Oztules.

I see you are using a temp probe from one of those button cell thermometers for temp shut down,? is this effective? is the temp as per spec of the Chip 45.c ? seems a bit low to me?

One more very foolish question...... that most folk on this forum will fall about in hysterical laughter.

What are you actually doing as a ON..OFF...switch/ latching button with this 8010 board/Inverter.

PS, I do try to ask these questions on your EGS002 discussions, but censorship of some sites by the authorities here, is not getting any better.

clockmanFRA

« Reply #86 on: May 05, 2016, 06:21:31 AM »
Okay, On /Off is operated by allowing the voltage to rise to above 4.3v, ie, 5v by closing the circuit and Pin 15 on the 8010 HT1536 chip sees this as an over temp and shuts down gently.?

The New Power Board and OzControl Board coming together.

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #87 on: May 05, 2016, 06:42:47 AM »
Looking good.... now with just off the shelf components, we can finally make a real inverter..... that  is easy to fix as well... utopia indeed for remote living I don't think any other unit on the market can say that.... usually you have to replace propriety boards... if you can get them....

" Pin 15 on the 8010 HT1536 chip sees this as an over temp and shuts down gently.?"

No it shuts down instantly without causing the torroid to blow things to bits, and always soft starts from there.... we can use the inhibit pin on the 8010 to get the same result without the flashing lights.... but works identically.... the temp sensor can still be used without any change as well.... ie when switch is open, the temp ntc takes over the circuit.... use as a over temp shut down, and use our own fan control for the fans.

...............oztules

mab

« Reply #88 on: May 05, 2016, 05:35:22 PM »
Just wanted to say thank you to you guys for doing this; - whilst my powerjack has works flawlessly, it'll be good to have an inverter that's diy repairable without spending £100's for spares.  :)

I kind of feel I ought to have contributed, but even if I'd found the time, I doubt I could have kept up.

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2016, 08:42:45 AM »
mab;
Once I saw how quick and far OZ was going!
 I decided it was best to grab a good cold Porter, sit back and learn!
Cheers;
 Bruce S
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2016, 01:59:22 PM »
Clockman, I didn't see this for some reason
http://www.anotherpower.com/board/index.php?topic=1116.msg11784#msg11784
Note: the 7812 and the 7805 are actually tip35c transistors.

Here is a screen shot of the pdf I posted as well
9736-0

It does not affect the board obviously, but if you build it using those  (7812, and 05 regulator )parts....... you will have problems... ie no power and dead regulators.

........oztules
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 02:34:43 PM by oztules »

clockmanFRA

« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2016, 03:29:46 PM »
Thanks for clarification Oztules.

Those 13v and 5.6v zenners, 1 watt okay?

Only had a few boards made, and I will probably do a better Silk screen, like the Power Board "Painting by numbers" style.

The OzControl Board .........

clockmanFRA

« Reply #92 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:39 AM »
The New Boards.

The New 6-15kW Power Board has many improvements and changes.

The OzControl board in the picture is single sided, but I now have a double sided on its way, which is shorter in length. see screen print.........

'Why re-invent the wheel'.....     I like the Boards overall and complete unit, as its a strong structure when all assembled, and  easy to maintain/get at.
 I spent some time ensuring that all the components and parts are readily available and easy to source.

When Mounted vertically the unit is easily kept cool, I use the OzCooling circuit, is just right.

I supply all the real size Etching masks with the book, so the PCB's can be made at home.  I will keep the single sided OzControl board just for the Book, as  it only needs a few 0r/ jumpers/ links.

According to the French Post Office my New PCB's have been in Australia for the week, so hopefully ‘Oztules' should get them soon, then he can really give them some ……………….. Thanks.

clockmanFRA

« Reply #93 on: May 16, 2016, 06:29:40 AM »
The Mk6 OzControl board.....

clockmanFRA

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2016, 02:06:28 AM »
Some uptodate comments and modifications.

The No10 OzControl Board.  This is the Pin 6 on/off board, but the on/off cable leads should be very short, about 100mm.   However, the Temp sense on/off seems rock solid.

Remember we are using toroid's so the soft start is very important.

A small AC transformer on the OzControl board is now used, as isolation is required as some homes may have a Earth/Neutral connection.

At present work is under way by forum members on the 'Backshed Forum' regards the Short circuit on the AC output side, with a suitable reset system. I am watching with interest and will test and modify my boards when appropriate. 

At present I fully recommend NOT short circuiting your AC.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:30:16 AM by clockmanFRA »

clockmanFRA

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2016, 02:52:10 AM »
Utube Video of the 'OzInverter Guts'.

https://youtu.be/C3If9sbpdcA

The most recent Boards.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:32:17 AM by clockmanFRA »

clockmanFRA

« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2016, 03:02:59 AM »
The Double sided, Double copper thickness, Power board.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 03:22:38 AM by clockmanFRA »

clockmanFRA

« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2016, 03:18:40 AM »
Power Board Componet layout.

All components are on this side of the board.

David HK

« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2016, 06:41:11 AM »
This article has got to be like following the very first beginnings of the Zubbly ideas.

Wonderful, but I am now too old to get into it.

I hope younger people will try and follow it.

Dave.