Author Topic: 6 METERS VEDİKAL WİND TURBİNE BLADES  (Read 33586 times)

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: 6 METERS VEDİKAL WİND TURBİNE BLADES
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2016, 12:17:13 AM »
I have to admit, I am still impressed with the scale of your project.
I do have some concerns, however.  I do not want to discourage you!  Quite the opposite; I admire your ambition.  I want to see you succeed safely.  So please accept my humble suggestions:

Some welds in recent pictures appear to be rushed and contaminated.  They will be vulnerable to fatigue because vibrations are expected in a VAWT.  I recommend that once you have completely fit all of the parts on the axle, and balanced the blades, that you completely disassemble the entire turbine for a thorough inspection.  Grind/reweld where necessary, thoroughly clean all parts, and then paint everything so that it will last much longer.  I understand that this will delay the completion of your project for a long time, but I'm certain that this will improve your chances for success and make your turbine last much longer.

The bearings should be sealed.  While the slinger covers are a very good feature, they aren't enough to keep dust out of the bearings, which will wear them out very quickly.

The diagonal braces have a "zig-zag" in the middle which, while I think I understand why you flipped the truss half-way, does not connect the halves together well. 

The tower is strong and sturdy but still probably overloaded by the wind turbine.  I agree with Mary B's suggestion to use many guy wires, but the total mass may still overcome the strength of the tower itself.  In fact, tightening the guy wires will add compression force to the tower, making the situation even worse.  Has this been checked by analysis?

Raising this tower safely may also present a challenge: the crane hook on the top of your axle is not strong enough for a safe crane lift.

I also hope you and the people that are helping always keep safety in mind at all times.  Now that the machine is assembled, it can become a dangerous time.  With the blades installed, the machine will turn in the wind and requires a brake all the time.  People become so eager to get the project finished that the urge to hurry can be unbearable.  Resist the temptation, and double-check every step.

I see climbing pegs on the axle.  This implies that you expect to climb the tower and the VAWT while it is raised up.  Are you prepared to stake your life on the braking system?

I feel compelled to ask these questions because I have experience in these matters and I want to see you succeed.
You are under no obligation to answer me, but I hope they are considered and dealt with before you proceed.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

tanner0441

« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2016, 05:08:06 PM »
Hi

It looks a very impressive project but as already mentioned I would like to see welds with a few more amps on the rod, some of them don't seem to have sufficient penetration. The radius and the fact the weld bead looks wider than the joint is what stands out. It also looks as if as you finished one rod you continued with the next rod without cleaning the old flux off. If your welder won't handle the larger rods then use a smaller rod and if necessary clean and grind the surface between passes and build the weld up with several passes. the important bit is cleaning between passes,

Not only will you get flexing on the welds there is vibration as well.

Having said that 10 out of 10 for attempting a project of that size I hope it does everything you expect from it. So please keep the post updated as you test it.

Brian

skid

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2016, 08:26:07 PM »
As mentioned by sparweb, some of the welds should be redone as they aren't done properly. I'm also surprised you don't have a sealed bearing. I'd also be concerned about the shaft where it goes into the bearing. It looks like a pipe that was built up with a few passes of weld to get it close to the proper diameter.  I'm not sure what schedule pipe you have but it isn't a proper shaft and could fail there as that will be a highly loaded area..

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2016, 02:40:42 PM »
hello friends I know are very bad welding generator was insufficient amperage is low jeneröt bought a new 6,500-watt repair is going to be re-sources
Learn teach you knew you did not know

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2016, 03:46:41 PM »
blades balance right in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH1z_AQ8F-w

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2016, 03:16:11 PM »
paint the turbine OK
now instead of bringing cranes to be erected https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z36LIDxfJgI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq82Nh_PqhQ

paara

« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2016, 04:19:22 PM »
Looks good. Really exciting to watch your progress. How is the wind where you have placed it.

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #73 on: August 17, 2016, 07:14:53 AM »
it looks good Atasan.
balance is good to.
what will you to with so much electricity?

paara

« Reply #74 on: August 28, 2016, 08:52:46 AM »
Any progress?

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2016, 05:02:43 PM »
We continue  After the video

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2016, 12:31:52 AM »
Wow
You still do not fail to impress and amaze us!
Congratulations are in order.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

paara

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »
Have you gotten any measurement on startup wind speed, production numbers, noise, vibration? Your project is very exciting! In what kind of terain is the wind turbine lokates? Looking forward for further updates.

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2016, 02:20:27 PM »
video friends have tried turning very slowly turbine
3 d d 8 volt A.C. made production
1/4.5 belt pulleys
altarnatörü re-Salinas
3 will be 30 volts A.C. d.d. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gc9rCEk7aA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jijbl1UIBYs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clSgnRkvIhw https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P86138QTyZ8

MattM

« Reply #79 on: September 24, 2016, 08:43:16 PM »
What is hanging off it?

atasan2006

• The modest türbinc
« Reply #80 on: September 25, 2016, 01:28:22 PM »
rope to stop the turbine

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #81 on: September 25, 2016, 11:41:53 PM »
What kind of wind speed in your vids.? Looks cool...but does it produce what you want out of it?
WILD in ALASKA

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2016, 12:31:05 AM »
I fear the the rope will become entangled in the tower.  Consider a very strong wind picking up, and as the blade it is tied to passes the tower, the wind blows the bundle of rope into the legs of the tower.  Once the bundle is caught, it will wrap up against the tower until the blades stop.  Then you will be forced to climb the tower during a storm to undo the rope.  That is dangerous.

If you want to stop your wind turbine, attach a disk brake at ground level, where you can conveniently and safely operate it!
www.sparweb.ca

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 07:25:31 PM »
Not much wind posts lately

JW