Author Topic: Need Help! - Push wire terminations in ABB wind Box  (Read 2592 times)

skid

Need Help! - Push wire terminations in ABB wind Box
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:29:02 PM »
OK, how do I push the wires into the input terminations in an ABB wind Box? No matter how I try I cannot get the wires to enter. Next question would be once I get them in how are the wires released? Is there anything to push with a screwdriver while I try to push the wires in?

I have attached a picture of a completed terminated wind box with an arrow to where I am trying to get the wires to enter...

skid

Re: Need Help! - Push wire terminations in ABB wind Box
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:31:08 PM »
I've tried solid 14 gauge wire which is smaller than what I am using and can't get it to go either...

Mary B

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 07:09:56 PM »
Right at the tip of the arrow is that a tab that can be pushed down?

skid

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 07:34:13 PM »
Mary,

Tried that to no avail. I don't want to force and break anything. I tried pushing in (nothing to push against), prying up or down with no luck.

skid

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »
I have attached a picture of my terminal block. I tried pushing in on the small round hole as well with no success.

skid

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
Finally figured it out. One must put a screwdriver almost vertically in the square hole below the wire termination point and pry the handle of the screwdriver downwards  with some force. This forces the screwdriver tip to pry upwards and causes the wire termination hole to open.

It certainly isn't intuitive, and it takes more force than I expected, plus I was being careful as I have a bad habit of breaking expensive things  ;D.

thirteen

• Single going totally off grid 1,1, 2013
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2016, 12:05:04 PM »
As a side note be sure that you look at your screwdriver closely. Some of them have the metal going all the way through it. Most don't but if you are not paying attention and your wire is live you could get bit and short things. Some of my older screwdrivers that my gran dad had are this way. Just a side thought for safety. 13
MntMnROY 13