The bearing discussion is interesting. I used open bearings since this motor is set up for greasing the bearings. It has a grease fitting and a drain plug on each bearing. I plan to flush out the grease every year and replace with new grease. If it doesn't work or moisture proves a problem, I'll use sealed bearings next time.
Here is a picture of the blade. I never did get a picture of the magnet rotor when it was done. It looks pretty cool with all those magnets. I get kind of excited and in a rush sometimes.
The blades are about 3 degrees at the tips so I think I'll try them they way they are. They are pretty rough but should make some power. I'm thinking cedar shingles would work for wedges to adjust them if need be.
The second pic is the house so far. It's been a long process, but we're getting close to moving in. Obviously it won't be done when we move.