Author Topic: report KD 616 about wind tunnel measurements available  (Read 1306 times)

Adriaan Kragten

report KD 616 about wind tunnel measurements available
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:25:26 AM »
My latest report KD 616 can be copied for free from my website: www.kdwindturbines.nl. The title of this report is: Translation of parts of report R 343 D of June 1978 from Dutch into English. R 343 D gives wind tunnel measurements for a rotor with tapered blades made out of a cylinder".  Report R 343 D is one of the earliest reports which I have written (in Dutch) when I was working for the Wind Energy Group of the University of Technology Eindhoven. Report KD 616 is probably the only report in which wind tunnel measurements are given for a fast running 2-bladed rotor for which the curved plate is used as airfoil. Report R 343 D was no longer available for at least 25 years but I have a copy. The described rotor functioned well and it seems useful to prevent that the given knowledge is lost.

Adriaan Kragten

Re: report KD 616 about wind tunnel measurements available
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 05:46:19 AM »
Today I have added a new chapter 5 to report KD 616 in which ideas are described for a larger rotor with the same characteristics but with less waste material.