Author Topic: Reversing Controller Switching.  (Read 1783 times)

george65

Reversing Controller Switching.
« on: May 18, 2017, 04:25:26 AM »

I have a mental block on something really simple I need help with.

I have a bunch of light sensative switches that normally turn on a light when it gets dark and turn it off again when it gets light.
I want to use them on my hydroponic system to switch the pump OFF at night and back on during the DAY.  I need to reverse the 12 Switch output to do this. I know it can be done simply with a transistor or a relay but for the life Of me, I can't remember how I have done it before.   :-[

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

This is the controller/ switch I have.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AC-220V-Auto-On-Off-Waterproof-Street-Light-Controller-Photoswitch-Sensor-Switch-/191964573056?hash=item2cb1faed80:g:kWAAAOSwi0RX0AAS

Simen

• Grimstad, Norway
Re: Reversing Controller Switching.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 05:18:31 AM »
You need a relay with a Normally Closed (N.C.) connection point connected to the pump. When the relay are energized from the light controller (at dusk), the N.C. point opens, and stops the pump. :)

Some days, brainstorming just ends up as a brainfart... ;)
I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. - (R. A. Heinlein)