Author Topic: Iron Nitride Permanent Magnet, Alternative to Rare Earth and Neodymium Magnets  (Read 2614 times)

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
very interesting. hope it can be produce commercially

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Fingers crossed...

It will take time to learn how it compares on all other properties such as temp resistance, mag permeability, etc.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
I looked into it a little further.  Not a technology moving forward quickly.  Some research from the 1990's turned up.  Some experiments with thin films give high hopes and promises.  Applying it to solid form was another matter.  I don't pretend to understand it.  I think the difficulty in making a pure crystalline structure in any sample thicker than a hair made it impractical for common usage.
The date code of the University of Minnesota website is fairly old, so it's still waiting on the shelf for anyone to come along and try something commercial with it.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Earth Notes
Yes, I was seeing conflicting notions of dates involved.

Spoke to a couple of people who care about this sort of thing, who got quite excited, as it really would be huge if it could be made to work.

Rgds

Damon
Podcast: https://www.earth.org.uk/SECTION_podcast.html

@DamonHD@mastodon.social