Author Topic: photos  (Read 527 times)

kitestrings

photos
« on: June 22, 2017, 06:10:03 AM »
Hi folks,

I seem to be having trouble getting photos to post.  I tried a photo (192 x 448 pixels, 26 KB) this morning that I know I've posted before.  I'm using Google Chrome, and I posted to another forum yesterday, but couldn't post to OP here:
http://www.fieldlines.com/index.php/topic,149284.0.html

My normal process is to select "insert image" from above, click on "Attachments and other options" from below, select "choose file", browse to file, select and click "Inline expandable thumbnail"

Any ideas?

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
    • Earth Notes
Re: photos
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 08:52:08 AM »
I attempted to fix one of your posts yesterday, and there did seem to be an attachment hanging there, but I couldn't do anything useful with it.

I'll see if anyone else has any ideas.

Rgds

Damon

Simen

• Grimstad, Norway
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2017, 10:25:10 AM »
Do either the first option "insert image" from above, or "Attachments and other options" from below, select "choose file", browse to file, select and click "Inline expandable thumbnail" - not both in the same process!

The first, is to insert an image link residing on an external site, and the second option uploads a local image to Fieldlines...
In other words - You use the 'insert image' when you want to link to an image on another site, ex. 'img'ht tp://somesite.etc/image.jpg '/img' tag (with brackets around img -/img). If you have the image on your local harddrive, you use the second option Attachments, etc...)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 10:33:15 AM by Simen »
I will accept the rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. - (R. A. Heinlein)

kitestrings

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 12:58:03 PM »
test:

PS. Duh!  I am getting old.  Thx so much.  ~ks

DamonHD

• Administrator
  • SuperHero Member
    • Earth Notes
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2017, 01:40:25 PM »
Thanks Simen!