Author Topic: Antigravity  (Read 4591 times)

Amy Lewis

Antigravity
« on: October 29, 2006, 02:48:57 AM »
Doing more research today, and trying to figure out what I have around here to play around with this idea of producing hydrogen. So while I'm looking around at all the websites related to the subject I come across sites dedicated to anti-gravity.

HORRORS!

I am very much opposed to anti-gravity! No kidding, I am! Some idiots out there are playing around with the very dangerous idea of turning off gravity, and I wish they would stop it! Think about this now, follow me here...

if you can turn something off you can charge money for it!

Don't pay your electric bill and see what I mean. Well, what if you don't pay your gravity bill? Oh I can just see it now, people along the streets holding onto parking meters, legs in the air, begging passers-by to pull them down and take them into a building.

You visit a friend's house, he's stuck to the ceiling because he didn't pay his gravity bill... At a party you hear of the sad end of a friend who's gravity was cut off while he was in the middle of a parking lot, and who sailed off into the air never to be seen again...

Hey! It could happen! Don't think it can't!

Okay, I'm done jerking your chain.

So, moving right along...

I've also been reading about the suppression of free energy devices. They include people who have figured out how to run their cars on water in various ways, developers of magnetic motors, even people finding ways  of greatly improving your gas mileage.

A lot of this crap is going on, guy who comes up with new energy idea is approached by a couple of nameless thugs, told to stop what he's doing, threatened, sometimes murdered like Stan Meyer was after developing a car that ran on water.

The same thing happened with a guy in Australia, Joe, who found out how to make a little stainless steel device that would run a car indefinitely. He talks to no one on the phone, and there are about five people who can talk to him directly.

(for those interested google "Joe's cell".)

So, if I come up with something that works, it stays with me, and I don't publish a bit of it or talk to anyone about it. I don't need the trouble and it's enough for me if it works and I don't have to pay a utility bill or pay for fuel for my truck.

This is because I've never been out to get rich, I just want the financial pressure off of me. That would make me happy. To be self-sufficient to the degree that I don't have to worry about power and fuel would be a tremendous gain, and I know better than get greedy about it.

I can't believe how so many otherwise intelligent people get into this, and then bravely (stupidly) PUBLISH IT! Good God! You know damn well that's going to bring a $#|+-storm down on them, and it does, every time.

I suppose in a sense they are courageously trying to save the world, usher in a new age, set us free... but the result is that they end up martyrs for it. I guess down the road when the world has been changed forever by free energy they will be remembered, movies will be made about them, they will be heroes, and still dead.

Well for my part, I want free energy, but I'm not willing to die for it, okay? If I'm dead it does me no good. So if I get to the point with this that I can run my home and my truck on it, you won't be hearing about it here, or anywhere.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 02:48:57 AM by (unknown) »

pepa

Re: Antigravity
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 09:21:09 PM »
amy, pepa here, this site has been very good to me because other people share what they know. when you post something to the public it becomes public and there is no need to worry about someone trying to stop something that has already been done. your post seems a little extreme to me, because i am one of the people that stupidly publish what i come up with. pepa
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:21:09 PM by pepa »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »
There have always been people out there that want to believe in miricals and there have always been other folks telling them what they want to hear.

Perpetual motion scams and con artists claiming to have developed free energy systems go back almost a thousand years.  Tell folks something wonderful and some will believe it.  I think they are all frauds - 100% of them.  There will always be conspiracy theories around these things - thats the only way these scams work.

Normally any discussion of 'free energy' or perpetual motion is banned on this board (we're owned and operated by big oil) on this board.  The purpose of this board is about workable stuff.  But since you put this in 'diaries' (where we tend to be slightly more tolerant) we'll let this slide for a bit and see what happens.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 09:49:35 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

Countryboy

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 10:21:35 PM »
There is a REALLY big ball of hydrogen floating around in the sky.  No one claims ownership of this big ball of flaming hydrogen.  Feel FREE to go remove whatever amount of hydrogen you want.  That hydrogen is FREE for the taking.

Gravity IS an energy source.  That energy is FREE for the taking.

Heck, there is a LOT of money to be made by harnessing gravitational energy.  Feel ambitious?  Build a steel ring around the equator - all the way around the world.  The ring will float in air, since gravity is pulling on it at all points.  That ring will also free spin at roughly 1000 miles an hour - the rate of Earth rotation.  Attach magnets to the side of the ring.  Have coils fixed to the ground.  As the ring spins by the coils, it will generate electricity.

As an added bonus, the load placed on the ring by many coils will slow the ring.  Slow it down fast enough, and you can more easily jump on or off the ring, allowing the ring to transport people or goods to any location around the equator.  FREE shipping and transportation.

For practical FREE energy, I recommend you stick a seed in the ground.  It will harvest the FREE energy from the sun.  Eat all the seeds the plant produced, except for one seed you save for replanting next year.  Personally, I think that is about as close to 'free' energy as you are going to get.

There is a lot of 'free' energy out there.  Harnessing that 'free' energy is the expensive proposition.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:21:35 PM by Countryboy »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »
(we're owned and operated by big oil)

LOL

JW

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 10:30:45 PM by JW »

WXYZCIENCE

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 11:39:42 PM »
HORRORS!

Hey it is Halloween, I figure them witches got to be using some of dat stuff in their brooms.
Joseph
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 11:39:42 PM by WXYZCIENCE »

willib

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 01:11:49 AM »
when i think of free energy , i think of wind power

well almost free , after building the machine , and maintaining it , isnt what comes out free?

BTW check out all the free energy comming my way tomorrow

http://www.weather.gov/forecasts/graphical/sectors/newjerseyLoop.php#tabs

click to the right of Maximum temp, in the pull down menu , click wind speed and direction, its going to be OVER 20MPH just about all day !

while your at it check out the wind gusts at 10AM ! 40MPH+
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:11:49 AM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

powerbuoy

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 06:25:40 AM »
I am amazed how you manage to post three completely different topics in no time and spread them all over the board. (feels almost like being hijacked ... :-)))There is the 55 gallon drum battery, which will be fed by a VAWT (needs to be a huge VAWT though), there is the eternal struggle with the patent office and over unity devices. Finally we end up with a serious discussion on antigravity ...

you end the last post with:

"Well for my part, I want free energy, but I'm not willing to die for it, okay? If I'm dead it does me no good. So if I get to the point with this that I can run my home and my truck on it, you won't be hearing about it here, or anywhere."

Here is an idea for you. Maybe posting it here might just save your life. There is a good chance more then a hundred people will read it and it'll multiply from here. Therefore no need no more to put you in harms way ... so, feel free to send rock solid ideas and there will be people try to follow your example.

However, rambling about mean patent lawyers and antigravity plus mean spirited goverments is far off from what I like about this board ...

Powerbuoy

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 06:25:40 AM by powerbuoy »

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 08:04:09 AM »
"That ring will also free spin at roughly 1000 miles an hour - the rate of Earth rotation."

I'm not a rocket scientist, although I do play one on tv :), but wouldn't the same gravity that holds the ring in space also keep it from spinning freely?  i.e. From someone earthbound, wouldn't the ring appear stationary and a spinning motion would only be relative to space outside the earth?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:04:09 AM by zap »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 08:31:17 AM »
'Joe' needs to publish his doo-hicky all over the internet.

Then get on with his life, making millions on the lecture circuit.

Thats what I am going to do!

After I get a couple problems with my device worked out.

I followed the $19.95 plans... but it still doesn't work. ;-)

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:31:17 AM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

finnsawyer

« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 08:50:34 AM »
Darn it.  I was hoping you had come up with an anti-gravity device so we could give the UFOs and USOs a run for the money.  Well, better luck next year.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 08:50:34 AM by finnsawyer »

Countryboy

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 09:40:36 AM »
Does the moon appear stationary from the surface of the Earth, or does the moon appear to be orbiting if viewed from space?

A steel ring would act like a moon in orbit, only with a much smaller orbit diameter.

Viewed from space, a steel ring would appear to be stationary, similar to how the rings of Saturn appear stationary.  Viewed from Earth, the ring would appear to be rotating, just as the moon moves across our sky rotating around the Earth.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:40:36 AM by Countryboy »

vawtman

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 10:47:39 AM »
Dan you should have zapped this.

Thats the problem with this planet everybody thinks about free energy and the scams keep coming.They sit in the lazy boy and read the books.39.95 or whatever.

Free energy(almost)is obtainable if you just put in a little effort.

This is getting nuts!!

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 10:47:39 AM by vawtman »

stephent

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:13:41 AM »
Troll troll troll your boat, gently down the stream.

Nuff said?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 11:13:41 AM by stephent »

craig110

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 01:10:50 PM »
Ah, more astronomy fun.

The steel ring could either be stationary or spinning.  Saturn's "rings" have to be spinning because they are made up of individual particles who are each in orbit about Saturn.  Stop those "rings" and all the particles that comprise it would take a nose-dive into a big pile of gas.  A solid steel ring around a gravity point would behave differently, however: Since each point in the ring is equally being pulled inward, its shape is preserved independent of whether it is rotating around the earth.  Actually, you could even stop it (relative to the ground, that is, making its rotational speed equal to the ground's velocity) and start pushing on one point northward and end up with the ring looping end-over-end over the poles.  You could even then walk along under the ring and push it "backwards" and have it rotating to the west while it is looping over the poles.  (Ignoring, of course, wind resistance and presuming a perfectly spherical Earth.)  Solid rings around a gravity point behave quite differently since it is simultaneously occupying every point in its orbit, and so the traditional motion from point-to-point within that orbit is unnecessary.

If all that makes sense to you, time for the bonus question:  Presume the ring is stationary compared to the ground over the equator.  You walk under it and give it a good push upwards.  What happens to the ring?

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 01:10:50 PM by craig110 »

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2006, 05:59:55 PM »
hmmmm....ok this sounds like a trick question.  I'll say you wouldn't be able to push the ring up because basically you'd be kind of pushing against yourself?  ie, The opposite side of the ring would be pushing back against.... no, wait!  The ring would crash into the opposite side of the earth because I've upset the balance?  hmmmm  Lets see, it's six o'clock in Colorado, so it would be eight o'clock in New York which would make the ring.....  BLAST!!!, I thought I had a handle on it there for a second or two.  I guess I'll stick with the second answer of opposite side crashing.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 05:59:55 PM by zap »

craig110

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2006, 07:56:20 PM »
Hmmm, if it sounded like a trick question let me make the question more specific to help your thinking, then.  Lets say that the ring is six feet above the equator and with the person's height, all he can do is push it up two feet.  What happens if he does and lets go?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 07:56:20 PM by craig110 »

stephent

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2006, 09:43:06 PM »
If he is successful in pushing up two feet--it rebounds almost the same crushing his skull, tipping the entire planet out of balance sending the earth out of orbit into the sun and or deep space.

Either way it's totally successful in ending the energy problem.

Let's build one.

« Last Edit: October 29, 2006, 09:43:06 PM by stephent »

craig110

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2006, 06:05:11 AM »
Skipping the (hopefully!) joking part of your answer, nope, it wouldn't come back down and crush his skull.  It would do the opposite: It would go up another 4 feet and stay there.  While it often comes up in science fiction, a solid ring an equidistant height around a planet is terribly unstable and the slightest disturbance will make it seek a more stable position.  As soon as the person pushed the ring up, the gravitational attraction on the other side of the ring exceeded that where the person is (the other side being four feet closer to the Earth, that is).  Ignoring problems caused by the stress on the ring and presuming it stays circular, the additional gravitational force on the far side will cause that side to begin falling to the ground and thus push the entire ring in the same direction - which is, of course, moving up and away from the person.  So, while we're used to gravity bringing something back down that was pushed up, in this case what the person sees is the exact opposite!  Antigravity?  (Hey, a way of tieing this back into the base thread.)  Nope.  He is only seeing a small piece of the overall picture.

Craig

« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 06:05:11 AM by craig110 »