Author Topic: NEW heat exchanger  (Read 820 times)

robotmaker

NEW heat exchanger
« on: October 06, 2004, 12:29:30 PM »
I know, I know, it looks like alot of welding.. .and it probably is.  That last water tank I made (believe it or not) is about 75% efficient.  It will heat water up at the rate of 10 gallons per minute by 10F difference from inlet temperature to outlet temperature.  It worked allright heating the pool water.  At least to the temperature I want water to be to go swimming.  I only did it cause my water sat in the shade most of the day, and even in the hottest months of summer, did not get that warm... so, it served as the prototype and test bed for heating water for this winter and running thru tubing in my floor.  Radiant heat, thats the way to go.

Anyway, this design will be built for the new oil burning stove, and as you can see, I am following the concept with the big tube down the center of this tank to act as the guide for the oil to drip thru.  The smaller 3/4" to 1" diameter tubes are welded in place and will allow the hot gasses from the burner to pass thru them on the way to the chimney.  The concept here is to get as much hot surface area touching the water as possible.  I'll keep you posted on the results.  First I have to put that new floor down.

Later

RJ

« Last Edit: October 06, 2004, 12:29:30 PM by (unknown) »

LEXX

Re: NEW heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 07:07:45 AM »
Not trying to be mean man but you should try to put all your stuff into ONE diary.  The top five spots are all taken up by your diary and there's more not too far down, it really makes it alot more more work for other people looking for an older diary that they want to see.  You can add to your old diary just like a story line.  If you're having problems getting the pictures to line up or whatever you should work on that instead of increasing the bandwidth for the dans to pay for.

LEXX
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:07:45 AM by LEXX »

robotmaker

Re: NEW heat exchanger
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:20:05 AM »
I don't think you are being mean at all and I appreciate you pointing this out.  I figured it was NY diary.  Not realizing that it was affecting something else. Now I am frantically searching for a way to put stuff in there, or editing old stuff.  That does not appear to work either. Dan, any suggestions?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2004, 07:20:05 AM by robotmaker »