Author Topic: need help shortening the width of my text please.  (Read 953 times)

picmacmillan

need help shortening the width of my text please.
« on: November 23, 2004, 07:08:05 PM »
is there some place to set my text so it isn't nine miles wide..i am trying to leave a diary to help some folks but i am doing a lousy job of it...any help would be apreciated....also my pictures, i thought i made them small enough but maybe they could be smaller...thanks guys..pickster
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 07:08:05 PM by (unknown) »

nothing to lose

need help shortening the width of my text please.
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 03:44:51 AM »
I just posted an answer and now I don't see it here!

Dam,

"Subject is too long (max is 50 characters). "

Again that's  why I lost the post!

The page looks the same to me and on a slow connection here I hit the back button several times as it's much much faster to get to the main page again!

Cut off the RE: and blank space normally lets it post if I catch it and I seldom do!

Your image size is too wide and makes the screen wider than it should be in windows explorer. Reduce the width size to 480 pixels wide (mentioned in another post) and it should fix the problem. You should be able to delete the currant image online and upload the new smaller image and it should probably fix the post. Use the Exact same name or the image will not be found.

Also it will probably be nessacary to reload/refresh the page, or may even need to go to tools/internet options and click delete files to remove it from cache. As long as it's stored on the computer in cache it will reload from there and you won't see the new smaller image. (I think) It may reload correctly if the board software sends new info on page and image width, that I am not sure, it might force a reload since iformation about the page has changed. If you need to reload or clear the cache I would mention it in the post also next time because it will be the same for anyone that has already viewed the page.

I had the same problem with it being hard to read being too wide, so I loaded the page in Mozilla Firefox and it resized it fine!

Why I even bother with Exporer is beyond me, I have both! Force of habit I geuss.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 03:44:51 AM by nothing to lose »