Author Topic: solar panels that work after dark  (Read 816 times)

pepa

solar panels that work after dark
« on: January 29, 2006, 08:05:42 PM »
i have been putting together a bunch of seconds and broken solar cells that i bought on ebay. my wife's horses got into my shop and i wound up with a lot more broken pieces than i received. life must go on so after a lot of cussing and crying, this is what i ended up with. there are six sets of cells in series that range from 18 to 22 volts open voltage. these are tied in parallel for 18.2 volts open, 16.5v @ 39.3 amps under load charging a badly discharged 12v battery. i am in the proccess of building a tracking mount for them and will have mirror deflectors on top and bottom to consontrate the suns rays. they should put out quiet a bit of power. copper pipe circulating water behind them will take some of the heat out and give plenty of hot water at the same time. i found two batteries at the local dump sight. one showed 11.3v and the other one showed 12.5 but they were in a badly discharged state. i tied them together in paralle and hooked them to the solar panels, after 7hrs. on the solar panels they were both fully charged at 13.4v very good i think. i went out to the shop about 11pm to get a tool that i needed and as i passed the panels i noticed that the security light was in the right place to lite up the face of the panels and i had to bring out themeter to see if they were using the lite to make a couple of volts. the meter showed 12,2v and 2amps into my battery bank, i was verry pleased with that.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 08:05:42 PM by (unknown) »

theTinker

Re: solar panels that work after dark
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 06:28:49 PM »
now i know why i get bad luck, people like u take all the good :)

many grats on the batterys and night time super panels, reusing ur own light has to be saver :)

« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:28:49 PM by theTinker »

pepa

Re: solar panels replacing lost picture
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 08:30:43 AM »
i deleted some pictures from ny file and blanked out most of my diary pictures. (stupid thing to do on my part) i wanted to upgrade them to better shots and did not think about the file no. sorry about that. i had already deleted this shot from my files, so i took a new one. pepa

« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 08:30:43 AM by pepa »