Author Topic: Newbie Checkin  (Read 1046 times)

kuchila

Newbie Checkin
« on: April 06, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »
 Hi all,

As I've stated above, I'm new to this stuff so as of now have about 2 zillion questions, none of which will be asked at this time. I shall await delivery of Mr. Piggott's books and read them through first. I've been lurking in the background for about 2 weeks now and was just wanting to inform you that any shadow you notice looking over your shoulder is just me.  Ok, enough silliness. I'm Bill living down here just outside of Louisville Ky and have been searching wind power ideas for some time. As I wasn't aware someone could build a generator from scratch, I was looking at manufactured systems but the idea of a do-it-yourself system hits this old hillbilly as the ideal system for my budget. Besides, I like building things. Anyway, here I am, returning to "lurking" mode, just wanted to check in.

Bill

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 06:31:48 PM by (unknown) »

coldspot

Re: Newbie Checkin
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2006, 12:37:29 PM »
Wecome to the board

Have fun

Start small
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 12:37:29 PM by coldspot »
$0.02

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 02:37:23 PM »
Welcome aboard

There's another gent that hails from your area as well.

Haven't heard from him in a while tho.

Andrew you out there?

Have Fun;

Bruce S

PS. You do know this board is addictive right:--))

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:37:23 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Dan_NS_CAN

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 07:42:18 PM »
  HI :  This place is full of great knowledge. The big thing I've learned is do lots of searching on the sight and you'll pick up a lot of answers and when your really stuck these guys are great. I've been here a few months now and picked up a lot of info.

I'm trying a conversion first. Any the big thing is have fun.

Dan_NS_CAN

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 07:42:18 PM by Dan_NS_CAN »

harrie

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 08:51:35 PM »
Hi Bill. We were all newbys here at one time, and yes these guys and gals are great, I think it is a good idea to search the board for answers to your questions. Alot of the questions we have when we first get started, are repeated over and over by some of these guys, and they never seem to complain. Mr Piggots book will give you a good start. Welcome to the board.

Great Fun. Harrie

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 08:51:35 PM by harrie »

kuchila

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 11:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. Start small, I like that but I do things a little different, much as I've seen many here do it. I come up with a question I search the board first and can readily say that I've found answers every time. Not that I understand the answers, just that I found them. A lot of you guys, and girls are way above this hillbilly in schooling but I'm a contrary old cuss and don't like to give up on anything I try. And may I say that my beginning projects will certainly be small, more of a practice than anything else, just to see if I understand the theories behind the generators. I even think I've already found a small company to make up the steel disc for the magnet mountings, suprisingly, right here in this small town I live in. I recently read here that someone had lit up a bike with magnets and coils so my first attempt may well be a system to light up my 3 wheel bicycle. Should drive the kids in the neighborhood nuts trying to figure that out. lol I figure that if I place coils low on the frame and add magnets to the back of the chain sprocketI just might get things to work. Rest assured that if I do get this old 3 wheeler lit up there will be at least one photo just to show off.

Bill

« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 11:30:51 PM by kuchila »

ignesandros

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 01:51:19 PM »
I'm still alive, Bruce! Hey Kuchila! If you ever need any help, free labor, etc. I live here in Louisville (Okolona).

-IgnesAndros (as Bruce said, aka Andrew)

« Last Edit: April 07, 2006, 01:51:19 PM by ignesandros »