Author Topic: big black dies hard  (Read 1024 times)

hiker

• BIG DOG
big black dies hard
« on: April 19, 2006, 10:43:41 AM »
thought ide try my gens out now that i can drive my motorhome[summer tags]

the 10"rotor mill worked out fine--so this evening i took out my big 12"mill..

i beefed up the pole mount so i wound"nt have to worry about the extra weight..

on the bench tests it put out more power in star[ceramic powered 48 mags total double stacked] than the 10" did in star..

so i drove down to my test site-always a good wind there..climbed up the ladder and tossed it on the roof-the tail was hanging off to the side-just before i reached out to it a gust of wind hit the tail--and down it went crashed to the ground.!!!

pretty well screwed up the whole works-broken tail boom-broke in half stator base mount..

not sure if the sawblades are bent yet[12"sawblade alt]--then to top things off when i went to leave i forgot i left the prop leaning against the back of the motorhome and backed over that--surprized it didnt suffer any real damage-just some tire tread marks on one blade-checked out okay..well its late here--will post some picts in the morning of the demize of big black...............later

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:43:41 AM by (unknown) »
WILD in ALASKA

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: big black dies hard
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 07:49:43 AM »
hiker;

Oh crap I hate it when that kinda thing ruins a bunch of effort especially successful effort. I just blame the dog myself mostly cuz he can't argue the point and accepts his fate. ;=]

I guess you have the motivation to get after another project then now?

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 07:49:43 AM by TomW »

Jerry

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:04:10 PM »
hiker sorry to here about the big downfall. I feel your pain.

Its a shame sometimes the only luck you get is bad. I think us wind nuts have to accept this kinda stuff time to time.

Even our hosts has a day or 2 like this also. But i think we keep the crying in the bear very short and just start planing the next project.

Hang in there budy, we're looking foward to the repair or replacement, wich ever comes first.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 10:04:10 PM by Jerry »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 11:04:56 PM »
thanks guys--kinda busy around here--when i get some time ,i most likly will rebuild it.i have a roll of #14 wire waiting to be used................
« Last Edit: April 19, 2006, 11:04:56 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA