Author Topic: still alive  (Read 908 times)

jacquesm

still alive
« on: May 10, 2006, 06:07:44 PM »
Hello there to all of you,

I've been keeping track of what you guys are up to , here is a little bit of what I'm doing these days.

For the last few months I've been couch surfing in and around Amsterdam, my house is now about 2.5 hours driving away from my office, and a 5 hour round trip daily is not an option. This was a slight miscalculation on my part, I thought I was going to be working from home but someone that I've been chasing for years to run a business with finally gave in and said ok, let's do it. So now we're working in a place called 'Uitgeest' and I'm trying to find a place to stay/work in or near Amsterdam that is not going to cost me a fortune in rent or parking fees :) Any hints would be appreciated! Most of the work I'm doing is online, building websites and backend software.

Somewhere in August the blue machine will be visiting a big outdoor party to provide some power at a fairly large party. I'm still trying to think of a way to get it to provide some power to the house, I think I'll just stick it up as a large lawn ornament, have it spin slowly (very coarse pitch), and then when everybody has gotten used to it slowly flatten the pitch and get some speed. The stealth approach to wind mill installation.

This summer I plan on visiting some of the European people on this forum, so if you want the fieldlines Caravan to stop at your door then let me know!

j.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 06:07:44 PM by (unknown) »

DanB

• Global Moderator
  • SuperHero Member
    • otherpower.com
Re: still alive
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 04:05:14 PM »
Nice to hear from you Jaquesm!  We think of you often around here...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 04:05:14 PM by DanB »
If I ever figure out what's in the box then maybe I can think outside of it.

richhagen

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 05:28:57 PM »
Great to hear from you.  I will be over in Europe in a couple of weeks.  Mainly in Spain, but I stopping over in Frankfurt and London.  I wish I had the flexibility to adjust the trip and drop in, but I don't this trip, maybe next time.  If you make it over to the new world, you know you have a place to stay in Chicago.  Rich    
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 05:28:57 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

jimjjnn

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 08:11:17 PM »
I really enjoyed watching you build up your energy systems where you were formally. I was wondering if you had taken any of your alt energy systems with you. I see "Big Blue" managed to swim over there.

Do you have a web site showing what you are doing now with alternate energy ?

Miss hearing from you on the discussion board. At least I can wish you the best in your new endevours.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 08:11:17 PM by jimjjnn »

jacquesm

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 04:14:51 AM »
My hobby project right now is a new way for people to collaborate and make money together. It will be called 'the modular company', and we're currently testing the concept with a few trial projects.

One of them is www.lirama.net, where you can get the text to just about any song, another is a large scale printing facility. Neither of these have anything to do with renewable energy, which of course I'd much rather be working on.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 04:14:51 AM by jacquesm »

nothing to lose

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 07:37:41 AM »
Glad your doing well. Nice to hear from you agian.

I'll tell my daughter about lirama.net and your bandwith use will probably be going up :O

I looked at it, neat site. Found alot of things I looked for. Elvis Presley Moody Blues is not there though, not that I could find yet anyway.

Looks like it will be a great site, good job!

Hope you can get back into the RE agian soon. The idea of the stealth aproach for putting up the wind genny sounds like it may work.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 07:37:41 AM by nothing to lose »

hvirtane

• About Solar Cooking
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 08:55:09 AM »
Hi, I looked at that lirama, too. It has got even Finnish texts. Maybe you could start other companies selling wind machinery and other RE stuff? See You soon here.

- Hannu

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 08:55:09 AM by hvirtane »

zubbly

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 06:17:50 PM »
hey Jacque!!

very happy to hear from you. please don't be a stranger and drop by here or the irc chat room more often. greatly miss chatting with you.

come to think of it, you are the only fella i ever met personally from this great site.

(you didn't even flinch once from my ugly looks) lol!

hope your family is well and you all have settled in at your new home.

wishing you the best!

zubbly

« Last Edit: May 11, 2006, 06:17:50 PM by zubbly »