Author Topic: AERATION  (Read 2882 times)

wildbill

AERATION
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:45:44 AM »
Hi all
  I like it when a plan comes together, making air for my pond. I seen a turbine at my local  AG station( Airteck) pumping air for their well to water their garden plot. I asked
how much it cost $27,000.00 was the answer(our tax dollars at work, granted it has well maybe $5,000.00 for it)
  I took a 60' tree leg TV tower and made it 35' with 20' of it a four leg and free standing for under $500.00.(concrete/metal/bolts/air line) Never mind i could of spent the
same for the next four yrs. for grid power! I had fun at making it, but when one has been retired for nine yrs. mixing 4 cu. yards of concrete with a Sm. mixer was not
fun or digging the hole for that matter!
  I did take pictures of the build, but can't find them yet.Most parts were left overs, base plate was 3/8"x48"x50" drop off from a Brush cutter i made, tower mounts
1/4"wall 2"x3" square tubing from a 12' tandem trailer i made yrs ago. The two cylinder air compressor pump was given to me. The hinge pin was from a round hay bale spear i made also. As a hobby farmer with a full time job one makes his own things. The tail was made from a truck box door home made. I'm not a engineer, but i can
copy things to my liking. The turbine or fan was made out of a blue barrow(plastic) cut in eighths. I made PVC pipe blades, i cut it in thirds rather then fourths,but i
gave up on the electrical part of RE.

I hope you enjoy, after i get the pictures. I do have after ones but there too big, I'll have to have my grand daughter's show me how.

Bill

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: AERATION
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 08:58:50 PM »
Yup it's fun making do with what you have.  I got the same price quote on a water pumper windmill myself many years ago...  sorta laughing sorta shaking my head.  Who would pay that much for such a thing?
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

wildbill

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:15 PM »
trying to give picture.
preview didn't work for me, so here goes.

wildbill

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 02:15:10 PM »
maybe this works of the plan!

wildbill

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2012, 02:45:18 PM »
the other mill.

wildbill

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:48 AM »
I found a couple pic. of the build.
 the jig

wildbill

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 10:18:27 AM »
My files are to big to put more then one, if i make them small then i can't even make them out.
 so this was how the fan ended.

wildbill

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »
This is my base.