Author Topic: My Lenz Family  (Read 1075 times)

wayne

My Lenz Family
« on: September 21, 2006, 08:48:22 PM »
Its been some time since I posted something here. Here are some of my new pics. The mini Lenz are Ed's MiniGen's that work very well and good trickle charger's. On the big FP Lenz I used a coupler. It a bad location and to many trees, will move soon.

Working on low RPM generator now and see how far I get. Some people have lots of pets, I have lots of HAWT strange!

Enjoy

Wayne

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 08:48:22 PM by (unknown) »

David HK

Re: My Lenz Family
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2006, 04:23:37 PM »
Wayne,

Very interesting photographs!

Is there any reason why your Lenz's cannot have the "blades" mounted horizontally, but at staggered heights? One at the top, one in the centre and one on the bottom, so they do not follow in each others wake.

David HK

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:23:37 PM by David HK »

vawtman

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2006, 04:28:04 PM »
Grandpa will be proud.

Nice work
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:28:04 PM by vawtman »

windstuffnow

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2006, 05:00:10 PM »
   I've built one like that David,  My thought was to increase area with some blades I already made for another smaller machine.  The thing is, the torque was the same as well as rpm.   It made no real difference in how it performed.  Looked kind of oddballish while spinning also.   To make one with more area, your much farther ahead to make the original 3 blade arrangement only taller.   Also, stacking them with staggard sections will decrease it's potential to make power because it really messes up the air flow.  

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:00:10 PM by windstuffnow »
Windstuff Ed

windstuffnow

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2006, 05:05:25 PM »
  Nice work Wayne!   How big is the larger one?  What are you using to anchor the towers?  I think you have more of them than I do.   I have two flying, one under construction and one in the wind tunnel that I use for modifications and testing.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:05:25 PM by windstuffnow »
Windstuff Ed

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 05:59:40 PM »
Wayne is the F&P motor as seen in the first pic stock, or have you modified the wiring?

allan down under

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 05:59:40 PM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

wayne

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 09:40:48 AM »
Hi Ed

Thanks for the comments, the big one is 3feet dia, 4 feet height. I would not build any bigger than this one. I hate to say this but have another one on the board just a size up from the little green one. The big one is has alot of torque and have some big long rods pounded down at each leg, I thought is still might take off but still holding my breath. The larger one on camper is on its way to top of 3 leg 40 foot tower, I hope soon, just have the last 20 feet to bolt up, its scary up there! Once the bearings break in this one spins very nice. I don't know if you remember my little 6" one, well this one spun its bearings to death, another repair one day.

Wayne

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:40:48 AM by wayne »