Author Topic: boiler unit comming togather  (Read 963 times)

pepa

boiler unit comming togather
« on: December 07, 2006, 09:32:39 PM »
I've done a little more on the boiler unit and it is coming along slower than I though (think young -work old). The 1000 gal fuel tank I had for my methane project proved to be worthless as a tank  because of small holes  that I did not see until I cut into it. I decided it would make a good outside shell for the boiler so I have been reworking the tank to accept the heat exchanger that I made from a hot water heater. The unit still has a lot of work yet but it can be hooked up to the swimming pool and the house heat pump and be working while I work on other parts of the system. I did one test burn (batteries dead in camera) and the new burner works very well inside the boiler. The outside will be rapped in insulated and another layer of sheet metal for weather proofing. More later, pepa.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 09:32:39 PM by (unknown) »

willib

• SuperHero Member
Re: boiler unit comming togather
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 01:01:39 PM »
those wheels look like shopping cart wheels , which would make that very large?

whenever you say More Later dont expect any replies , been there..
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:01:39 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

thefinis

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 07:17:04 PM »
Looking good. Wondered how things were going with the boiler. Pepa you always seem to have a bunch of ideas you are working on and that must slow progress. Projects never seem to go as fast as we expect them to. Hey your yard looks kind of like mine except that you have some green grass and no cow pies. The wife would like for me to put up one of those fence things to keep the cows out.

Keep up the good work.

Finis

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 07:17:04 PM by thefinis »

pepa

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 09:05:43 PM »
hi willib, the wheels are off a heavy duty handicap lounge chair (dunpster dived) and the outer shell at this point is 5ft tall and 48" in dia. and weighs approx. 300lbs. the wheels makes it a little easier for me to move the unit around while i work on it. thanks for the reply. pepa
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:05:43 PM by pepa »

pepa

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 09:38:47 PM »
hi finis, i have four main projects going and a list of want to dos, three more sets of magnets arrived today for windgins for other people and i am way behind on those projects as well. the sterling heat engine and new type alternator for this boiler project will take front row until it is finished. on my best day healthwise, i can get in about three or four hours shop time each day (some days i dont make it to the shop) and giving up is not an option so i feel that i am doing ok with what gets done. enjoying myself, pepa.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 09:38:47 PM by pepa »