Author Topic: 5.125" dual rotor test.  (Read 4209 times)

tecker

• SuperHero Member
Re: 5.125" dual rotor test.
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2007, 01:51:21 PM »
 Hang in there
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:51:21 PM by tecker »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2007, 04:47:32 PM »
Just as a side note I ran a single coil 75 turns at 600 rpm for 5 minutes into a 1 ohm

10 watt resistor the coil started heating after 4 minutes (not hot but noticeable )

the resistor was smelling . Let all cool then ran with a 6 amp bridge and 5 k cap into the  same resistor 7 minutes It was smelling after 5 minutes but the coil was cool to the touch . The wattage was low in both tests  not over 6 to 8 . I was able to heat up the resistor and maintain voltage with the bridge and cap but with the coil only very little potential registered although the resistor did get hot Quicker .Just a Quick test  
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:47:32 PM by tecker »

Jerry

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2007, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi Zubbly.

Thanks for the nice diagram. However it has just what I'm trying to avoid.

That is a phase directly conected to another phase. This is where the losses ocure.

Phases working independant of each other are not degraded by passing there power through a phase that is not in sync.

If you have 2 phases that produce 10 volt each and sires these phases and the end result is 17 volts, that is the results of the out of phase and not at there peak at the same time. For me no thanks. Thats what you get with star. At any given time 2 phase are conducting while the 3 rd is not. When a phase is at its peak potential it must pass it power though a phase that is in partial opsoistion. Hence 17 volts.

Again for me no thanks.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:23:31 PM by Jerry »

Jerry

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:49 PM »
Hi Scott.

Intresting stuff you've presented. Industry does use y and delta. It also uses "Jerry Phased" but I'm sure its not called that.

I have 2 comercial pieces of equiptment that are wire that way, a very large Licoln welder and a verey large fork lift battery charger. Industry does use this scheem.

My point has been allalong. Do away with the 10v+10v = 17v isue. Also do away with the burning coils, lower then posable power for the same amount of copper.

I've allrready shown in an above post that star requiers more drive power. If I compensate star by winding coils that will provide the 20 volts that "Jerry Phased" does it will have even more turns (higher resistance) witch requier even more drive power and cause even more stator heat.

I think my wireing scheem is confused with delta. The purpuse of my scheem is to produce the higher voltage that star makes but without the penalty of voltage losse from out of phase condidtion of star.

To me star is like putting $10 in the bank on monday then put $10 bank on tuesday and on wendsday the banker says heres your $17 thank you very much.

While one phase is making its 10 volts it must pass this 10 volt through the next phase. That next is not making 10 volts yet, since its not inphase with the first phase it is partial oposistion to that current flow, causeing higher rsistance and those oposing current will cause heat, this inturn never alows any phase to let its peak output to get to the load.

An individual phases peak output can never go directly to the load it must first pass through its out of phase neighbor. It meets some opsistion befor it gets to were it going.

In "Jerry Phase" each coil produces the voltage of any to phases voltage peaks that would ocure if there was not this out of phase voltage losse. This elimintes the voltage losse and alows each coil or each phase full capability to reach its load, no restrictions. Even though the individual coil resistance is higher the total = perelell resistance is lower.

16 gage wire = about 1600 cicular mills. 24 gage is about 404 circular mills X 6 = 2424 circular mills. Thats alot more copper, thats lower resistance, thats higher amperage, thats less heat. And because there no losses theres higher voltage with less drive power need, less rpm requierd.

The above test is veryfying what I'm saying. And I'm not done yet.

As I've stated earlyer. In phase or out of phase pick one. Wich works best together?

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 10:32:49 PM by Jerry »

Darren73

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2007, 05:05:04 AM »
Jerry,

your scheme is known in the industry as open delta.

Regards

Darren

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 05:05:04 AM by Darren73 »

Gary D

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2007, 08:11:47 AM »
 Jerry, with your example of 10 volts per phase, I have a simple question. That would produce around 17 volts in star open volts? Above cutin speed for a 12 volt system? If your cutin speed was equal, it would be producing 20 volts open volts? Just so everyone is on the same page, so to speak? Correct, or am out of phase in my thinking?

For Dan B. to be interested enough to try this as a usefull experiment/ or for a willing guinny pig, he'd need to do Jerry phase to get 6 wires down the pole for the times he'd need to jump the rectifires for de-icing purposes. Just a quick question, and dumb thought. Test on!! :-) Gary D

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:11:47 AM by Gary D »

Jerry

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2007, 07:01:24 PM »
Hi Gary D.

I just use the 10 volts to illastrate the voltage loses of star. Its a # that makes the explanation easy.

"If your cut in speed was equal, it would be producing 20 volts open?" I not sure exactly what your asking here?

However in star if there is 10 volts per phase the voltage of 2 phase will be 17v. This is AC.

If the 2 phases were in phase or single phase then the voltage would be 20v.

Yes I would like to see Dan B do the exact testing I've done. Then If he gets the same results I'm getting there will be 2 confimed crazy people on the board.

JK TAS Jerry

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 07:01:24 PM by Jerry »