Author Topic: Boost converter  (Read 8215 times)

willib

• SuperHero Member
Re: Boost converter
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2007, 11:01:40 PM »
Wow has anyone noticed the pixel size of the pictures changes when you switch from Flat to nested?

i usually use flat , and my pictures are 538x376 pixels

but i switched to nested by accident and the picture size jumped to 942x649 , whats up with that

anyway i had another breakthrough of sorts

i was able to get the microcontroller to measure period of the signal coming from the anemometer and display it on the LCD

i still have to tweak the numbers in the program , but by gosh it works!!

i'm now thinking of dedicating one of the smaller PICs to do the job of collecting data on the anemometer and passing it to a larger PIC when requested to.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 11:01:40 PM by willib »
Carpe Ventum (Seize the Wind)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Boost converter
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 06:46:36 AM »
Uh, "nested" spreads the screen out wider as the replies to comments step to the right from the one they reply to. Flat just lines them up under one another. Thats how the width tag stretches pictures out to compensate for that. Which makes my favorite pass time occur [scrolling sideways to read a thread]. it gets worse as replies to replies to replies... are added. Add pictures into those replies and, well, you see where I am going.

Photos on the site are definitely the biggest butt pain. Not all browsers act the same and not all users have the same screen size, resolution or visual acuity. Some just don't give a damn or think its funny to dump huge photos. Firefox seems quite good at making photos fit so my main photo posting mission here is file size enforcement for those stuck on slow internet. There is even one Operating System out there that uses a default picture format that can make a line drawing of your initials consume 5 megabytes of size. Very few folks customize either their OS or their browser so both factors lead to user confusion and frustration.

Maybe that settled the silt some for you. Maybe just stirred more up off the bottom.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 06:46:36 AM by TomW »