Author Topic: Steam engine daze  (Read 1297 times)

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
Steam engine daze
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:01 AM »
Flashsteam dot com had a visitor today. In all the time Ive hosted the site no one has come to visit. I got a call last week and someone inquired about the progress made with the steam engine. When I realized I was getting a call from a local number, I said hey, lets meet this saturday, Brandon asked can we fire up the corn burner, I relpied I think so.

So, for the first time in 3 years, I took PSTG3 out from the mothballs.

The meeting went well I think, and here's Brandon.

We made some steam

And both observed a blue flame.

I was working hard to get the machine stoked up.

This took atleast 45 minuites. After the flame got going good I think brandon was impressed, and remarked the unit burning fiercly was impressive. All the flame came from corn kernals. Although I start the unit with lighterfluid, none was used during the most impressive flame outputs.

This is how the corn looked after three years storage. I figure we burned about, maybe a buck fiftys worth of feed corn at retail value. We made fire for almost 3 hours.

This was alot of fun.

JW

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 01:25:01 AM by (unknown) »

pyrocasto

Re: Steam engine daze
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:33:05 AM »
Sweet man looks like you guys had fun. It's always fun to meet people with the same interests.

I'm jelous as well, steam is one of my larger interests. :D

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 10:33:05 AM by pyrocasto »

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:16:46 AM »
Thanks Chris,

Yes this is some cool stuff I wanted to share with the group.

I relize that I can be kinda touchy at times. Over the years Ive been working on this bad behavior of mine. Im the end I carry positive thoughts about this forum(always have) and the steam car forum.

I think its starting to payoff, its real tough to find people with simular interests. Thats why I think these forums are so great. You can learn alot about dealing with people. In this situation contact was made thru my site. But hey its the first time thats happened in like 8 or 9 years. Its funny how when face to face, its much easier to conversate(talk) without misunderstanding. I think thats the only drawback to communicating on the net. But im learning. I think the key is to stop and think, to make the most of interaction. Ive learned quite abit of that here.

Best

JW

« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 11:16:46 AM by JW »

mossballs

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 01:44:24 PM »
Howzit bra I'm a newbee. I've come across some interesting info on the net about steam. any help you could share would be welcomed.Hope to speak with you soon.

Aloha Mossballs

« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 01:44:24 PM by mossballs »