Author Topic: Well I did not know  (Read 1077 times)

Astro

Well I did not know
« on: February 03, 2022, 07:33:14 PM »
This part of the site was here.
I was posting under the "my experience so far" thread in the wind section.
So as it stands right now, I ordered some more mags to complete the mag plates. Ordered some vinyl ester resin. Should I put cloth it it?? Is it really that important?? Coils wound and connected, everything looks good there. Went to the hardware store and picked up some plywood and linseed oil.
 I have another month or so before regular shop time is viable, as it is 7 degrees out there today, but it is supposed to warm up to the 30's and 40's soon. Then I can cut my mold boards and get ready to pour my stator. Then my plan is to build the frame and spin it up in the shop and see what we are working with for output.
I will probably start shooting videos here pretty soon. I figure there are enough of them out there  on winding coils, making molds and placing mags. I am not doing a "how to" because really if you can't get that far by yourself, maybe making things and working on projects like this is a little above such a persons head. How are you ever going to maintain it or safely install it. if you do not fully understand how it works??
Once we know what we are working with, things will get fun and with a little more custom building and controls.

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
Re: Well I did not know
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2022, 08:49:35 PM »
Yeah now you know.  Theme of the day.
Thanks for all the stuff you post - and looking forward to seeing some wood/metal cutting when it warms up.

I have a similar winter/summer -learn/make cycle that I like to hold.
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

TechAdmin

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 05:36:35 PM »
This diaries section is public, every post can be seen on Google (maybe after a few days) and while logged out.

The other one is semi-public as in only logged in users will be able to read it and Google won't be able to index it, so it's half hidden so to speak.

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 10:10:52 PM »

Well I did not know
« on: February 03, 2022, 07:33:14 PM »
I was posting under the "my experience so far" thread in the wind section.

Yes im familer with this topic.

Please stand by...

Flavio- can you look at the spell check

JW

• Development Manager
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Flashsteam.com
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 10:18:40 PM »