Author Topic: Making hot water with cavitations...  (Read 67100 times)

Steelejones

Re: Making hot water with cavitations...
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2007, 07:46:41 PM »
Hi Ed,

Wondering if you have done anything further with this experiment over the past couple of months. Ive been watching and hoping for another update :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 07:46:41 PM by Steelejones »

j3s1

« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2007, 03:10:28 PM »
I too have been anxiously waiting for test results. I have been racking my brain to come up with the necessary materials to build one and test it myself, i am thinking about ordering a metal lathe so i can build this and getting back into building wind generators. as i think this is the way of the future.

J3S

« Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:10:28 PM by j3s1 »

skipinder

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2008, 02:32:53 PM »
Hi windstuff, this post really blew my mind, I'm wishing I'd stuck in at physics when I was younger, oh well.

Just a small question, would this machine really need a pumping mechanism?  From what I've learned about solar water heaters is that the hot water rises, creating a thermal siphon in the circuit, just as long as the heat dissipator is situated above the heat source and the input to the heat source is situated underneath the latter. I'm sure you know all this as most people do, but no one had mentioned it so I wanted to know why it might not work...

Cheers,

Skip

ps, I'd really like to build one of these but I have no metal lathe and wouldn't know how to work one :-), I also wouldn't know where to find big lumps of metal, any suggestions or should I just buy a lathe and figure it out...

« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 02:32:53 PM by skipinder »

elvin1949

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 01:46:55 PM »
Ed

If i have read this post one time i have read it 100 times.I'm searching my LARGE junk pile. Bound to be something there i can use to make one of these. [no lathe]

later

Elvin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 01:46:55 PM by elvin1949 »

stellarblue

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 11:01:15 PM »
must be fusion like the pistol shrimp i was thinking of putting a tesla turbine inside the roter and useing nanocarbon for the inside its lighter than steel

combustion wouldnt make that kind of btu out put

anyone here have the ability to test for helium

« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 11:01:15 PM by stellarblue »

hmrt135

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2012, 09:22:06 AM »
  I've been looking into alternatives to heating water as well as adding a bit of heat to my house.  I ran accross the ole Griggs patent (1993) and it's simplicity caught my eye.  Basically I want to drive it with wind but in the test platform I'm using a 2hp compressor motor.  Below is a picture of the parts machined and just before assembly...<p>

<p>
  It's a small version of patent, sporting a 4 inch rotor with 60 1/2" holes drilled 3/4" deep to create the cavitation.  Although its called a hydrosonic pump it really doesn't "pump" and I added a small Taco circulator to move the water around.  Below is a picture of the pump partially assembled...<p>

<p>
  After assembling the pump unit I was pretty head strong about getting it together for some testing so I cobbled together some adaptors to fit an old S10 radiator and plumbed it together with anything I could find that would work...<p>

<p>
  My initial tests were pretty impressive for such a small unit.  The water temp was 69 degrees(F), I fired it up and had my hand on the pump and instantly could feel the change.  It was at 80 degrees in the first min and within 15 minutes was sitting on 172 degrees.  After which I turned it off because I was having problems with my breaker because of the long extention cord ( which was also getting hot ).  It averaged 7 degrees per min rise in temp and there is a gallon and a half in the system ( about 12 lbs of water ).  A little over 5000BTU per hour.  It was pulling 1800 watts according to the watt meter or about 81% efficient through the conversion.  <p>
  I found a newer patent a couple nights ago (1999) and found there are some things that could make it a bit more efficient.  All my holes are bored straight on center and some of the others are boring them at 15 degrees toward rotation.  I'll be making up another rotor for the unit with all the updated modifications this weekend.  <p>
  I've read some claims of 130 to 170% on thier units although I'm a bit skeptical on that account.  I'd be quite happy with a 90% conversion for my project.  <p>
  Lots of fun as always!  I spent about 30+ hours of pure enjoyment building it and I have a larger one in the plans...

I have some question and i hope you answer me soon.

1. If we want to make steam 90°C continuously, how many Kwh would it consumes per day in order to make  full time
 90°C steam ?

2. How many BTU/day could it generate in order to make  full time 90°C steam ?

3. How much cost the entire machine, if you would like to sell it?

4. Cavitation damages his environmental equipments in all pumps because of high pressure and highly temprature in the around of bubbles, why it does not damages your hydrosonic pump?

Sorry for my language skills, I hope you understands what i mean.  I will thank you if you answer my question here and/or rather the following email, because i check it every day. This is my E-mail: hamidrezataheri135@gmail.com

Have a nice day and good luck.

OperaHouse

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2012, 09:39:08 AM »
I think a friend of mine wrote that patent in 1999.   He couldn't stop laughing.  These machines are beautiful and I admire the effort into this pure science.  This is just another recreation of the experiment several hundred years ago to define work into a heat unit.  This and the eddy current heater fall into the classification of perpetual motion machines.  They are inefficient and have no practical use.