Author Topic: Savonius on centrifugal funnel  (Read 2886 times)

MaxT

Savonius on centrifugal funnel
« on: October 21, 2007, 08:50:17 PM »

huge pic

(Yeah, I know it's ugly picture...)

But what about that ? What do you people say of that ?

Of course the savonius should be higher up...

The water collection ring should be also (a bit less than savonius turbine) be higher up.

Cenrifugal funnel.

Thin suction pipe (with one way water valve at low end)

Thick rotating centrifugal "pipe" with one way water valves at outermost highest ends. (They also need to act as removable holes for filling the centrifugal funnel for the first waterload for the thing to start working... that's why they are higher up, to not to leave any airspaces within the upper end of the c. funnel).

Idea is to be lowtech scavengable.

but then there is that thing : http://www.ecogeek.org/content/view/1052/

and all the ways to mod it...

Bigger ones...

Wind operated tightener for "warbling strip" to keep it at optimal tightness at changing winds... (This idea I heard from TIDES people: http://www.appropedia.org/Welcome_to_Appropedia ....)

Many many many ones in frames...

Hauling such frames high up 150+m in stabile kites... (might even be worth the time of the "generator kite operator" to observe it....)

Using big ones to operate tiny tiny warbling "water bellows" to pump water instead of electricity....

your picture was way to big pixel wise so i made it a link. from now on please try to respect the rules of the board. thankyou

Kurt
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:50:17 PM by (unknown) »

MaxT

Re: Savonius on centrifugal funnel
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 03:17:12 PM »
oh yeah...

Before people start freaking out of the odd copyright clause...

...it refers to my ugly sketch picture. It's freeware to share (like anyone would want to share that "ugley").

Savonius wind turbine and the centrifugal funnel have been common knowledge stuff for ages already. Sorry about any confusion in that.

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:17:12 PM by MaxT »