Author Topic: Bad News  (Read 1144 times)

Spdlmt150

Bad News
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:14:27 AM »

I've had a minor setback in my RE projects. The last entry was on a single rotor which I haven't yet ordered magnets for. The time will come.

On Wed October 3rd my dad had my son at his house to help with yardwork, & then dinner. On Thursday around 11A he called me. The call didn't make sense until much later.

He had a stroke. Not a minor "this is gonna suck" stroke, but an "oh crap this is how it ends" stroke.

After all was said & done, I'm glad he didn't suffer for years like my mother did. He was in surgery under sedation around 12:30P. On Friday morning they started backing off the sedation. He never came back from it. At 11:45P Friday night he crashed.

I've had a lot to deal with, and things are finally starting to calm down a bit. Paperwork sucks. Losing the only person you could ever count on sucks. Trying to find some way to accept the situation sucks.

I will be back onto the projects soon. I've been working on them, just not documenting them. I've had tons of machine time at work, and there are several projects in the works. There are a couple motor conversions going, as well as the single disc which may prove to be better than expected.

After shedding tears reading the posts of Zubbly... I realized that there are many here who are much more than black text on a white screen. I thank all of you for doing what you do, and being who you are. "Everything in life amounts to a sum of some equation."

Once I get things dealt with, and get back to living my life, I will be back to the projects.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:14:27 AM by (unknown) »

scottsAI

Re: Bad News
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 09:01:26 PM »
Sorry about your loss.

Living is the best way to honer those that have gone before.

Work / projects prove to be a nice distraction.

Acceptance is required to move on.

Have fun,

Scott.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 09:01:26 PM by scottsAI »

Capt Slog

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 02:02:46 AM »
Sorry to hear about your dad.

I lost mine 10 years ago, and I still miss being able to tell him stuff; he never understood anything modern but was always fascinated to hear about it.  I now live in his house, and I'm STILL trying to clear out his shed.

Hang in there, it does get better.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 02:02:46 AM by Capt Slog »

Warrior

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 03:56:54 AM »
Sorry about your dad buddy. I lost mine 4 years ago...and still miss him so much.

He always told me to do something regarding RE and I regret not doing it before he passed. He would have been proud seeing my first windmill running.

In times like this you have to be strong and keep up the good hopes.

You have my deepest condolences.

Warrior

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:56:54 AM by Warrior »
Why can't Murphy's Law be used to my advantage?

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 05:34:13 AM »
I remember My father's passing from time to time ( it's been awhile now )sad time . Though didn't notice when he was alive he imparted some interesting things  . There's a toughness and a willingness to try things outside the realm of possibilities .Every now and then I catch my self repeating affectations and I have to laugh .His  logic and humor are still there inside me . I appreciate  him for those things and carry on as he would have.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:34:13 AM by tecker »

motoman465

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 05:48:51 AM »
I would like to offer my heartfelt condolences for your loss.  Just take it day by day and remember that your father is in a better place.

Todd

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:48:51 AM by motoman465 »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 06:15:17 AM »
I lost my Dad 50 years ago, he would have been

appalled at the waste and extravgance that we

have today...especially $60  electric bills.

I still remember with a touch of bittersweetness,

the day he got all bent out of shape when the

electric bill went over a $1 ! It seems incredible now.

He would have got a kick out of RE .....he was

an (electrician?)

......Double cotton covered waxed 22 guage

blasting wire out to the 40 watt bulb in the

outhouse? Really ! LOL

My oldest son was born about a month before he

died...one door opens...another closes ...life

goes on....and the pain lessens with time.

My condolences.

Norm.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 06:15:17 AM by Norm »

RCpilot

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 08:06:51 AM »
My sympathy goes out to you. Please don't forget to ask the lord for strength while dealing with this, it really does help!

Kelly
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:06:51 AM by RCpilot »

AbyssUnderground

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 08:13:35 AM »
My condolences to you and the rest of your family. Just remember all the good times you had together.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:13:35 AM by AbyssUnderground »

fungus

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 08:30:51 AM »
Sorry to hear that and my condolences; I just hope you can get back on track again.

Hope you're ok,
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:30:51 AM by fungus »

coldspot

« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:50 AM »
:(

Sorry

"Acceptance is required to move on."

I lost mine 9 years back, I sometimes find myself

seeing him in myself and also seeing him/me in my kids.

That makes me smile!

We all must move on, trying to get past the hard stuff. I know, just this past few months have been some of the hardest I've ever seen!

But, I will move forward and leave behind less and maybe some things better than the average.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 10:21:50 AM by coldspot »
$0.02

rippersoftware

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 11:19:23 AM »
I am sorry for your loss.  My dad died a year ago and after that I couldn't go into the shop and do anything.  Just sat there and stared at the walls.

A few months after his death, he spoke to me.  One of those unexplainable things.  He said get off your ass and do something.  I knew it was him.

What a change that made to my attitude.  Every since that day, I approach projects with a new calm that really surprises me.

After you have gone through the tears and the wonderment of why, your moment will come and you will see purpose.  Sons carry on for their fathers and our sons will carry on for us.

One day, you will see him again.  Before that time comes, make him proud of what you can do and what he has taught you.  He's watching.

Take care,

Dave.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 11:19:23 AM by rippersoftware »