Author Topic: Looking for a charger  (Read 954 times)

GeeMac

Looking for a charger
« on: November 07, 2007, 03:33:05 PM »
I am snooping around to buy a new Xantrex C30 charger for my growing solar/wind system. What is a good place from which to order?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 03:33:05 PM by (unknown) »

snowcrow

Re: Looking for a charger
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 08:37:37 PM »
Hi GeeMac,  They are about $100.00 at this site: http://www.affordable-solar.com/xantrex.c35.charge.controller.htm

Blessings, Snow Crow

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 08:37:37 PM by snowcrow »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 09:10:41 PM »
Gee;

Well, if I were starting out from scratch and was "around" my system a lot, I would use the human charge controller [you] and drop that $100 or whatever into more batteries.

It just seems that if you are retired [seems you said you were] and around the system you should be able to monitor the system manually. put the resources into storage will pay off better than a controller in my opinion. Not sure about you, but I am on a fixed income myself so $100 is kind of real money to me. I could still almost fill my pickup with gas on that. Ghurd has an inexpensive controller you might consider, also.

Just another angle on the question.

Cheers.

TomW

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 09:10:41 PM by TomW »

GeeMac

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 11:55:07 AM »
Yes, I am retired. just to fill you in: I retired when I was 58 - I am 62. My wife got what is called severe degenerative rheumatoid arthritis. Then, her thyroid started acting up followed by a stoke that, fortunately didn't destroy one side of her body. But, it did damage her brain. She also has high blood pressure. Anyway, she is bed ridden and I am the primary care giver and  . . .  god help us . . cook.  So that's my job now. The pay's the pitts (zero) but I'm enjoying the dicussion board and making windmills, violins, and guitars etcetera even though they don't work too well yet, they to help to keep me sane. ;-)

Thanks for the tip on more batteries. I'll do that instead. All I have to charge them is a small charger that cost $29.95 at Canadian Tire. I don't think it is meant to try to charge the five batteries I have so far.

Carry on having fun.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 11:55:07 AM by GeeMac »