Author Topic: what to do with a spare bedroom  (Read 4132 times)

Frank S

• Home with a view of Double mountain
what to do with a spare bedroom
« on: June 07, 2012, 02:18:12 PM »
OK this is my spare bedroom if you will. we have 3 bedrooms in our 2nd floor 3rd to those confined to states.
 over here a single family dwelling usually has 3 or more floors the ground and 1st are the main house then the 2nd & 3rd are usually large apartments How else would a family pay for a house that cost over $ 3 mill?
 Well since there are no small 1500 sq ft homes with 2 or 3 car garages out-lander's like me rent. My hobby work shop in in my bedroom so to speak

everything needs a place but with me every place needs more than 1 thing

The small Gantry is made out of chrome molly tubing the Cross pipe 3 inch ID hydraulic cyl tube the whole thing can be disassembled and stored in a 1x1x5ft area, except for the top cross tube and I have 16 casters on the legs I tested it to 3000 lbs then rated it for 600lbs

lifting the lathe off of its base

small air comp just big enough to blow chips or use a touch up spray gun
I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

getterdone

• living off grid
Re: what to do with a spare bedroom
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 11:50:54 AM »
i hope that house is well built.

Frank S

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:59:47 PM »
The floors are the weakest part of the house they are just simple cast in place steel reinforced concrete about 6 inches thick with 3 inches of sand then 2 inches of mechanical grout the ceramic tile. but since the room is small only 11 ft by 15 ft  with walls directly underneath I think the  will hold just about what ever I want to put in it.

I live so far outside of the box, when I die they will stretch my carcass over the coffin

tanner0441

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:39:33 PM »
Hi

What is your electrical supply? That plug top looks like the UK 13A with square pins. 240V the ground pin is vertical and the other two horizontal.  The 110 V version the pins are reversed with the ground horizontal and the other two vertical, but they are not often seen.

Brian

Frank S

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 06:21:50 PM »
Hi

What is your electrical supply? That plug top looks like the UK 13A with square pins. 240V the ground pin is vertical and the other two horizontal.  The 110 V version the pins are reversed with the ground horizontal and the other two vertical, but they are not often seen.

Brian
we use 415/ 240 but mostly we get400/220
 this is my the panel in my apartment 1 100Amp main breaker & 2 40 Amp ELCBs However who ever the half witt was that wired it used  wire about half way between 10ga & 8 Ga as the supply the cord on my wife;s dryer has heavier wire.  when she runs the dryer I watch things very closely because of the heavy load on a single line . I guess I should open up the dryer and  see if it had duel heating elements then if so split them to run it on 400v 2 phase but since it ain't broke I'm not going to fix it
 the best solution would be to either pull a parallel set of  4Ga  wires through the conduit or to replace with   2AWG but it is not my house I informed the owner when the house was new  that he had been cheated on the wiring & the plumbing 

Frank S

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 07:01:09 PM »
Brian actually the one you were looking at is the round pin 15A

I had the plastic model mounted in place but it smoked so I found one made in Germany with  ceramic insulator & steel cover plate but it didn't fit the box hence the redneck zip tie mounting.
 here is a small 30 minute project I did tonight

Changing the set up takes longer than the project