Author Topic: My Windmill Project  (Read 817 times)

Tballer2

My Windmill Project
« on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:50 AM »
I started with doing research at the library and then the internet, looked into building an axelflux windmill but unfortunitly it is to rich for my blood at the time. So now am in process of making a windmill with a dcpm motor, now deciding with which one to use hoping for some help in this forum. From what I have found I need app. 12 to 15 volts, and a few amps to at a minimum to charge batteries. Also need it to work under low wind conditions. I have a motor argord on now that pts out 18.5 amps but need more rpm to get the 12 + volts, am thinking of gearing it up with maybe bicycle gears and chain, and increasing the size of the blades to get it to rotate better under lower wind speeds. Oh well tomorrow is another day.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 08:22:50 AM by (unknown) »

Flux

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: My Windmill Project
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 01:38:54 AM »
Replied to you in the Newbies section.

By the way it is axial flux, axel flux would be wasted in that type of design.

Flux

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 01:38:54 AM by Flux »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: My Windmill Project
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 06:33:48 AM »
Tballer2;

It might be best if you directed people from your post in "Newbies" to this post just to keep it tidy.

It can get confusing if people are posting to 2 threads of essentially the same thing for one member.

Too busy right now to do it but wanted to mention that spreading out any dialog you get will just confuse matters.

Diaries work pretty well for keeping track of things. Those evil admins are friendlier in this section, I heard.

Welcome aboard and fasten your seat belt.

TomW

« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:33:48 AM by TomW »