Author Topic: Cattle Ranchers need HELP!  (Read 5989 times)

kenl

Re: Cattle Ranchers need HELP!
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2008, 08:50:09 AM »
The 9300 pump is really made to be run off of solar using the booster controller made for it. I looked at these when searching for a well pump for the house in Ga but decided to go with a Lorentz instead. Mainly due to the fact its a stainless pump and needs less maint. If your going to keep using the pump you need to consider using it as intended. Buy a solar panel and get the controller made for it. At your well depth the wattage needed isn't that great so you don't need a whole array just one panel. Also a low water sensor would be better the cycling the pump with a timer.

That way you have no current draw from a timer and it shuts down the pump only when the water is below a predetermined level. Just my 2 cents worth.

kenny

seemed like a good idea at the time

« Last Edit: April 08, 2008, 08:50:09 AM by kenl »
seemed like a good idea at the time

Homestead Power

Re: Cattle Ranchers need HELP!
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 10:28:35 AM »
Please, WiredWrong, would you communicate with me privately on your PVC car project, I do not know how to reach you otherwise!  homesteadpower@hotmail.com

For the Cattle Ranchers:

I see you have access to a wrecking yard of cars.

Please try any "smog pump" from any car, and fasten your windmill blade to this shaft.

Blow the resultant air down your well inside a slightly larger pipe.  The water will flow out - more air, more water!

Send this water into your livestock trough.  Whenever the wind blows, the trough will refill itself!

Don

Tonkzilla Farm Services

« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 10:28:35 AM by Homestead Power »