Author Topic: russian windmill  (Read 1369 times)

smidy

russian windmill
« on: July 10, 2008, 03:39:18 PM »
Hello windpower guys!

today when i was picking upp garbige att at a recycling station (i work as a garbige truck driver) i found a windmill markt "УВЗ 100" and "N 45" its a tilt up furling mill whit brushes in the yawbering. sadly the prop is missing and the shaft i sligthy bent and a tube in the furlingsystem is damaged, but all of that is pretty easy to fix. what i´m after is info about what power it will deliver or mybe not, what i was wandering was  

how big prop it will need, 2 blades or 3 blades etc. so if anybody have info about this

windmill i would be very happy. my plans so far for it is to run my gardenlights from it that i now is running from the grid, today 3 flurucent 11 watt ligths and a mercuryligth 75 watt, of course i will replace the blubs whit other blubs whit proper voltage (what it is i dont know now) and so on, an maybe more ligths if the mill can take more or less if it need to.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 03:39:18 PM by (unknown) »
Aland islands in the Baltic Sea

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
Re: russian windmill
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »
Give it a spin and see what you get......

pics would be nice.....???
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 12:12:42 PM by Norm »

smidy

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:54:57 AM »
picture

there she is. to much work now so i dont have the time to play with it now, maybe in the weekend
« Last Edit: July 14, 2008, 09:54:57 AM by smidy »

smidy

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 06:46:39 AM »
now the shaft is straigth and the furlingsystem is working (i think) and a prop is in progress, just for practice and som testing, a simple 2 blade prop total 1.10 meter each blade half a meter. when its working and i se if it needs bigger or smaler prop i will make a 3 blader out of better wood, this one i´m making now is in cheap wood and fabikated whit chainsaw :-)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 06:46:39 AM by smidy »

smidy

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 06:30:46 AM »
well now the prop is frabricated and she has been flying on a small testpole, i only had it runing unconnected because luck of wind, but some gusts got her spinning real well propably over 300rpm. it had some vibrations in the upper rpm range probably my slopy 2 blader. it was very intresting to feel the gyroscopic forces when i was taking it out of the wind in fear of overspeeding. well when the wind is blowing i will connect i to a battery and se what i get.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 06:30:46 AM by smidy »