Author Topic: Solar Greenhouse Project completed  (Read 2620 times)

(unknown)

Solar Greenhouse Project completed
« on: October 17, 2008, 01:48:43 AM »
When I started the project I thought it would take 2 weeks. I was wrong. 10 weeks late and over budget the project is completed.  Yes it is a greenhouse but the real reason for the project is to provide some much need work space for the construction of a VAWT. I can't wait to get started.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 01:48:43 AM by (unknown) »

Stonebrain

Re: Solar Greenhouse Project completed
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:45 AM »
That's a nice working space!

Looking forward to the vawt.

cheers,

stonebrain

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:48:45 AM by Stonebrain »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2008, 04:08:04 PM »
Gardening is a passion of mine I look forward to see your integration of power to the greenhouse also . If that's your plan . I have some nifty data about using electrodes in containers to loosen soil and and improve vegetative growth very simple scenario anode in the middle and cathode in around the edge amps are proportional (I use 309 stainless tig rods)to the area of the electrodes start small and match impedance to the plant 1 to 2 volts possible per container charge batts during the day and discharge at night works well . If you decide to play with it your data would be fun to compare.    

« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 04:08:04 PM by tecker »

KilroyOdin

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 03:34:10 AM »
That does work? I have a raised planting area in the front of my house where a under ground cable from the grid passes beneath the area and the plants are always  noticeably more hearty in that area then all the others.  I always wonder why. Thanks for the conformation.  
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 03:34:10 AM by KilroyOdin »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 07:08:33 AM »
I see by the color of the leaves, you are in an

area where winter will soon be here....it should

be a lot warmer in your greenhouse/shop than it

will be in my shed...biggest problem for me ....

my feet get cold even with boots.

Have fun!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 07:08:33 AM by Norm »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 08:01:42 AM »
O yeah there's potietial there you won't have current to work with but I 'm pretty sure that's how the plant moves the mass it needs to grow from the roots ( but there's no data just an obsevation) here's some pics frrom today the 800mv is from copper and zinc and the 700 mv is 309 stainless and zinc got several electrods around a Chyenne volenteer I moved late from the compost pile and the roots were dammaged the stem's thicker now and it's going to seed . I use memory and polyciene caps to collect some potiential and drain it at night at night .

« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:01:42 AM by tecker »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 09:41:02 AM »
Another way to inject ions in the soil is to whip up a water battery juice it up with salt, citic acid or wood ash .Wood ash and aluminum get's going in a while , citric acid right away and tops out to become capacitor like .
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:41:02 AM by tecker »

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 09:47:12 AM »
http://www.footsmart.com/Product.aspx?ProductId=397&srccode=WM184242&cm_mmc=goog--Socks--s
-
-heated_socks&src=FSpaid&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=heated%2Bsocks&
amp;utm_content=Battery%2BSocks&utm_campaign=c6
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 09:47:12 AM by tecker »

frackers

• Picard spits "Hello"
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 04:52:29 PM »
Its called digging - where the cables are will have had the earth turned over to a much greater depth than most other places in the garden (assuming your codes are like ours and require a minimum of 900mm depth for cables).

This turned earth will have several effects

* improved drainage

* organ material to a greater depth (top soil backfilled into the trench)

* improved aeration

* breaking of clay pan (if you have that type of soil)

These effects can last for over 10 years - in with the case of clay pan will last for over 20 years.

Unfortunately there is also a likelyhood of suffering degraded growing conditions although this is rare.

I'm interested in the current density that is required for the coaxial electrodes though - and can the system also be monitored to track soil moisture for an automated watering system?

« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 04:52:29 PM by frackers »
Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)