Author Topic: Temporary New Hobby  (Read 7580 times)

Ungrounded Lightning Rod

• SuperHero Member
Re: Temporary New Hobby
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »
Thank you for the correction.

I'm sorry for the bogus post.  I was unaware of a personal use exception (but very aware of some of the other things the ATF(E) has been up to in their other efforts).

Nevertheless I'd check with a lawyer, to make sure no paperwork is required and/or to make sure it's done absolutely correctly.  The Bureau is noted for going after well-meaning people who are trying to comply with the law, turning minor errors or omissions into an opportunity for some agents to chalk up an easy bust (and an asset seizure).

Have him check your state's laws as well.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:04:15 PM by Ungrounded Lightning Rod »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2009, 01:36:11 PM »
Having been on the wrong side of a legal misunderstanding, legal does not always mean OK.

Randy Weaver did nothing wrong except miss a court date because he was misinformed of the proper date.  People who think he was evil fail to realize the main concern was about two $5 taxes, for which he was acquitted.  And possibly also two $200 taxes, depending on the view point.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:36:11 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

turby44

« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2009, 02:54:52 PM »
giving up the ciggies is tough,i can feel the tension on this thread,har har,

turby
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 02:54:52 PM by turby44 »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
    • Wind Turbine Project Field Notes
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2009, 04:14:19 PM »
Except that ride in the ambulance when your bike gets mangled.

Depends on what province you live in too.  In Alberta, the ambulance ride can cost a fair bit indeed, and your salary gets dinged for the medical fees every year, though you may not be aware of it.  I bet you live in Ontario, where things are a bit different.  Lucky you.  "Universal health care" is a myth in Canada.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 04:14:19 PM by SparWeb »
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

frackers

• Picard spits "Hello"
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2009, 06:08:25 PM »
I had my last ryo 19 years ago on my first day in the oncology ward. By that time I was down from my usual 190lb to about 100lb and not making any plans beyond a few days.

Got the all clear 5 years later and am now looking forward to retiring in 8-9 years time with my health restored.

A close call - the world would have been down by a 10 ft turbine had the chemotherapy not been as effective!!

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:08:25 PM by frackers »
Robin Down Under (Or Are You Up Over)

vawtman

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2009, 06:33:37 PM »
 Edaddy i'll put you in my will when the lung cancer sets in:0)

Commercial cigs contain has many has 600 additives.

P.s my plants are coming along well and the weather here is a bit cool yet for transplanting to the 1/10th acre(legal for now) baccy plot.i would never sell to others just give them a taste for free.

I'm sure it won't be long before tobacco is treated like pot.

I've read where 4H clubs kids from the main regions grow tobacco and have it judged at fairs.I bet the judge gets to keep it afterwords.

The patio table is full of plants for the next couple weeks.Then back to work on the vawt.

Just got sidetracked a bit.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 06:33:37 PM by vawtman »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:53 PM »
yea i'm on georgian bay /lake huron
i don't make much use of the health care system but it's nice to know it's there if i need it.
what would  you guys think of a nominal user fee as simen discribed.

on the cbc today they reported that in the canadian system we get the least bang for our buck. 34 out of the top 34 countries.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:04:53 PM by electrondady1 »

strider3700

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2009, 10:48:24 PM »
I have no complaints about a nominal user fee being applied.   I almost never used the system but when my wife and I had a baby I was floored just how great everything was.  Just today we did the 1 year immunizations which were free and we have the 1 year check up coming tomorrow.  Every time we go in for the standard baby checkup I'm floored by how many people are going in there with what appears to be the standard every day cold.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:48:24 PM by strider3700 »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
I think I heard the same thing.  Of course that guy makes a living out of criticizing BOTH the Canadian and US systems...  Anyway I'd be fine with a fee myself, but then there are the folks who need the doctor the most, but maybe can't just pull 20 bucks out of their pockets just like that.  I'd like to think that there isn't a doctor in the country that wouldn't waive a user fee, if they could tell this patient was hard up for cash.  But then there are bureaucrats, who have to figure the system can't possibly be that simple, and are compelled to create some other convoluted thing that makes it "fair"...

BTW, I went to Georgian College in 1995/96.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:49:05 PM by SparWeb »
No one believes the theory except the one who developed it. Everyone believes the experiment except the one who ran it.
System spec: 135w BP multicrystalline panels, Xantrex C40, DIY 10ft (3m) diameter wind turbine, Tri-Star TS60, 800AH x 24V AGM Battery, Xantrex SW4024
www.sparweb.ca

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2009, 05:49:12 AM »
hey,a fellow alumni
i was there 74-77.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 05:49:12 AM by electrondady1 »

SparWeb

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2009, 12:58:04 PM »
Maybe you knew Chuck Ivey and Paul Tremblay, back when they had hair?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 12:58:04 PM by SparWeb »
www.sparweb.ca

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2009, 01:25:11 PM »
Z;

As someone who's guilty of putting a post or two up that was proven incorrect :] let it go, in today's world of vast amounts data & info it's not that hard to be lead astray.

To this day I still get people telling me I'm breaking the law about making Alky, some I even have to show my license to just to get them to calm down.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 01:25:11 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

pepa

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 04:44:14 PM »
   hi Mark, i think everyone here is following your project with INTEREST. KEEP THE POST COMING. pepa
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 04:44:14 PM by pepa »

vawtman

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 07:22:43 PM »
Hi Pepa

Thanks for the interest.I guess i'm in a another mode for awhile.However the patio table(stored plants on it) is free once again to support the driveshaft and rotor.My wife is pretty ticked cause it has poxy stains:)

Baccy plants are on a trailer now for hardening(in and out of full sun)

I belong to a vawt only websight and nobody builds more than toys other than drawing and puter graphics.You would think someone else would built one and would chime in here or there.It's funny my airfoil gets picked on by puter players with fancy software.Those types will never build a MACHINE.

I really don't understand this.They can even make fake alternators and support structures just for show.

Not like growin your own and spinnin your own( SYO) Vawt and bein happy.

Mark

Best wishes for ya bud

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:22:43 PM by vawtman »

oztules

• Village idiot
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 08:41:55 PM »
"I belong to a vawt only websight and nobody builds more than toys other than drawing and puter graphics.You would think someone else would built one and would chime in here or there.It's funny my airfoil gets picked on by puter players with fancy software.Those types will never build a MACHINE."

...........Thats why your Vawtman, and they're just "could have been champions".

Still watching and cheering here....

.......oztules

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 08:41:55 PM by oztules »
Flinders Island Australia

pepa

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 11:29:47 PM »
         Mark, Pepa here, I believe in the vault and  I believe a lot of people can use the vertical to make power. useful machines can be built. AND WILL BE BUILT. pepa
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:29:47 PM by pepa »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 02:44:47 PM »
Pepa;

Perhaps it's time to post the pic of the one You built?

I'm sure I can find the 1 blade you had built while Amy and I visited.

IF not we can get more next trip.

PLAN on us and Robin to be down this late August early Sept.

Mom's turning 75!! and I'm providing the Alky :), store bought and properly taxed of course ^0^.

Cheers!

Bruce S

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:44:47 PM by Bruce S »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
Vawtman:

DO not give up!! on the VAWTs. It really doesn't matter that no one won the C-prize.

What matters is taking stuff that was headed to the dump, and making it work for you.

If the tobacco growing thing doesn't work out, there's ways of taking the young leafs and producing some high-octane fuel out of it :]

Cheers;

Bruce S

« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 02:49:03 PM by Bruce S »

electrondady1

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 10:20:23 AM »
was paul trembly a math teacher?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 10:20:23 AM by electrondady1 »