Author Topic: It has been a while since I made an entry.  (Read 935 times)

Electron Pump

It has been a while since I made an entry.
« on: June 23, 2009, 03:22:42 AM »
  I applied for college here in texas, in Sweetwater. At T.S.T.C., for a program to recieve an associates in applied science in wind turbine technology.

My first hurdle was getting my transcripts from highschool. Seems my highschool burned down in 1996. Of coarse, my records was in it at the time. Mom saved the day though. She still had a copy of my diploma. I took it to the school and they wrote me a letter saying that I did graduate.

Since I diddnt have my records they required me to take the full Accuplacer Exams. I did very well on all sections except algebra. This was very surprising to me because I had never had any problem with math. My problem was alwayse reading and writing. Which I did excellent on. On their points scale I was one mark below perfict score, and this was with a 1000 word essay. I have never done good in writing. Go figure.

I scheduled to retake the algebra exam, and signed up for a 90 day, A+Plus Advancer study coarse for the exam. I diddnt get to study it for the full 90 days, but I passed the exam. Their required score was 63, and I scored a 79.5.

Now I'm waiting for further instruction from the school after they recieve my scores.

I've got a little job in the meantime. I'm building a roll-cage for a friends rock-crawler Jeep. Fun toy. He went and put a hot chevy 350 in it. I'm just hoping I can keep in from mashing him when it goes tumbling down a steephill.

I've build roll-cages for roundy-round dirt track cars, but never a hot-rod Jeep.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:22:42 AM by (unknown) »

Electron Pump

Re: It has been a while since I made an entry.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »
  One thing I forgot to mention is that my turbine is still up and working fine.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 08:29:58 PM by Electron Pump »