Author Topic: diary end  (Read 3038 times)

shay

diary end
« on: July 07, 2009, 03:10:18 AM »
apparently my diary is not mine as there are missing entries without discussion of what will be retained and what will be erased/not seen. So I will depart.....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 03:10:18 AM by (unknown) »

brkwind2

Re: diary end
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 09:37:39 PM »
Happy trails.  This software they're using seems a bit quirky so maybe they aren't pikkin on you.  Or maybe they are.  Maybe girls run this site.  They don't usually seem to like me.  The prettier they are the less they like me.  Lucky I caught the wife while somewhat inebriated.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:37:39 PM by brkwind2 »

hiker

• BIG DOG
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
i see 12 entries in the diary section....

maybe your browser is at fault..................

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 09:41:39 PM by hiker »
WILD in ALASKA

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 11:28:35 PM »
Did you look in the diary section?

If you mean some are not showing up in your "My Diaries", it is glitch.

I know of at least 4 users who experienced the same glitch, including myself.

On the Diaries page, without even clicking "Next",

I see Two on 6-26, One on 6-27, One on 6-30, and One on 7-7.

On the "How to use the board" page,

I see "We reserve the right to move and delete postings at any time, without warning to the author."

I know of tons of users who experienced that too, including myself.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:28:35 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

Capt Slog

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 04:27:03 AM »
I think some of mine are 'missing' in the same way.  They don't show up in "My Diary" but they are there in the diary section, makes them a bugger to find.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 04:27:03 AM by Capt Slog »

fungus

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 05:44:21 AM »
You just have to search for them :)

http://www.fieldlines.com/?op=search&offset=0&old_count=30&type=diary_by&section=&am
p;string=shay&search=Search&count=30

16 compared to 12 in http://www.fieldlines.com/user/shay/diaries
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:44:21 AM by fungus »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 07:09:45 AM »
Shay, I understand your frustration but it will only be what others have described, none of the moderators will delete diary entries.

I don't always agree with some of them but one thing I can say, they undertake that task in their own time for our benefit, with the board program working against them.

You are amongst friends, so please stay, learn and teach, it is so rewarding.

allan down under

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:09:45 AM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 08:14:55 AM »
shay;

Despite the well known and often mentioned fact that Scoop [forum software], and the Diaries in particular, has a few bugs regarding postings that do not "stick" I think it is perfectly acceptable for you to assume it is some evil intent!

Not!

Well you wanted attention and now you have mine.

You seem to have taken the same approach to understanding this forum glitch that you did in researching NiFe batteries for inverter use NONE.

Clearly in both cases the fault almost certainly is your immediate assumption someone is out to do you harm when there are clear indications the fault is not entirely with the other parties involved.

Your own posts show this very clearly to anyone reading.

Considering the fact that a couple days ago you issued your "final comment" in your campaign to discredit Chinese Nickle iron battery manufacturing why would you even care?

Anyway, its been great having you.

All of your subscription fees and costs to use this resource will be refunded immediately.

There is no evil afoot here it is likely a user error so you may now humbly apologize before you leave.

T

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:14:55 AM by TomW »

zap

• There's an app for that
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 08:27:16 AM »
Personally, I think it's a government cover-up.

I think they found a secret back door and have infiltrated fieldlines.com.  One of the infiltrators has a mild case of dyslexia and thought the Diaries section was the Dairies section.

With all the hoopla over the global warming myth and cows, their methane production, and their contribution to said myth...

Well, you can see their concern can't you?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:27:16 AM by zap »

kurt

• website
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 08:53:23 AM »
don't let the door hit you in the butt you require to much babysitting from the editors anyway do to your lack of posting manners and yes i removed one of your diary posts but that was like 10 minutes after you made it and it had no comments and was do to the fact that i had warned you about multiple diary entries on the same subject when you already have one showing in the front page box....
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 08:53:23 AM by kurt »

Airstream

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2009, 09:23:46 AM »
Shay:

You've kinda been treating this forum like 'Instant Messaging'.

People who know forums do not need excited multi-posts to keep a theme topical.

When a users' posts start to look like comments written in the margins of a Library Book, even if passionate, those appearances become clutter. When it is a new user there may be suggestions to organize thoughts and sharpen writing skills but that is not an insult, consider it a resource like the wind turbine & other RE information FREELY available here.

The ball is on your court - grow up to be a strobing day-glo website ad graphic or a mellowed & respected contributor, one or the other, your choice.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:23:46 AM by Airstream »

Madscientist267

• Uh oh. Now what have I done?
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 09:58:27 AM »
They always go out with a bang...

Something tells me that he isn't here for the intrinsic value anyway... it seems as though this has been more of a vehicle for politics and sputum, not particularly aimed at adding anything useful in the traditional sense.

(was that politically correct enough?)

LOL

Steve

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 09:58:27 AM by Madscientist267 »
The size of the project matters not.
How much magic smoke it contains does !

tecker

• SuperHero Member
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2009, 01:43:48 PM »
Parts is parts even departs .Small stuff never sweat the small stuff . Crazy thing is you probably need to look again .
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 01:43:48 PM by tecker »

richhagen

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2009, 05:29:21 PM »
No, no, it's not the goverment, its Big Oil, or the military industrial complex or Goldman Sachs  or something.  There is a conspiracy to be found everywhere it seems.  

Actually I think his postings are still there.  I had been following his diary entries as I was curious about the NiFe batteries.  I was thinking that if their only downside was the efficiency, they might be worth a look.  Like Tom, I still might tinker with a small set if I can run across one cheap enough or as scrap, just to see what they do.  Rich

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:29:21 PM by richhagen »
A Joule saved is a Joule made!

stop4stuff

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 04:12:34 PM »
don't forget the 3rd option...

accepet the slap, sit back, chill, form your masterplan and astound the world with your wonderful invention ;)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:12:34 PM by stop4stuff »

shay

efficiency, accuracy, and objectivity
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 02:59:15 PM »
Just thought I'd drop by and see if anything was for me! Nice to see the comments. Yes, there's some politics and some arrogance....no more and a little less than normal so this is a good place to be......maybe the only place where so much of it is in ONE place. Eventually one desires accuracy, efficiency, and objectivity continuously.  

Politics, personal discrimination, and meddling are turnoffs and I can't be aware of all of what this boards creators had in mind and no doubt it is changing anyway, so the lump sum of what I did here (on my diary) was for you! When the discussion comes around to the more controversial side of things.....fraud, disinformation, modern chinese NiFe marketing/philosophy, and libel, lots of middle earthers head for the exits or evict me. I give thanks that I'm still here. See you on "Crooksandliars"  

« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:59:15 PM by shay »

shay

TomW
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 03:06:50 PM »
You don't impress me as being totally efficient, accurate, objective, and dispassionate.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:06:50 PM by shay »