Author Topic: Flying again after the **** strike  (Read 828 times)

Capt Slog

Flying again after the **** strike
« on: July 07, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
Following the bird strike at the end of last month (an event that another RE board would rather pretend didn't happen), my turbine was down for a few days.  I didn't have the time to make anew set of wooden blades so I resurected a PVC set, painted them and started flying those on Saturday.

I missed them turning, and I didn't want people around to get too used to the turbine not being there.  Also, today marks TWO YEARS of nearly continuous operation of this mill, it first went up 07-07-07, so it was important to me that it was again for it's birthday

During those two it's stood everything the weather can throw at it, from fairly cold winter (ok,It's not the winter you get on that side of the pond I know) to blazingly hot plus a small hurricane, (and a bloody pigeon) and it still works.

I have the timber for the next wooden set, I'm hoping to get those done soon.  I'm still looking for a good plan that will suit a radius of 80cm (around 31.5 inches) and a cut-in of 275 rpm in not very good winds.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:21:45 PM by (unknown) »

wpowokal

• Far North Queensland (FNQ) Australia
Re: Flying again after the **** strike
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 04:10:24 AM »
Tis a good feeling to head the mill into the wind once more, well done.

allan down under

« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 04:10:24 AM by wpowokal »
A gentleman is man who can disagree without being disagreeable.