Author Topic: Trip To Montana  (Read 1027 times)

Basil

• 3 rd shift made me this way.
Trip To Montana
« on: August 11, 2009, 03:10:23 PM »
The wife and I went to WolfPoint Montana to visit her aunt. The first day riding around the res. We seen this.

It is at a house that is for sale. It is a grid tie. No longer hooked up. What a waste. At the Bureua of indain affairs in Poplar thay had 2 of these. You guessed it no wind that day. They where just setting there. What little wind there was did make them trun to face the wind.

No infomation on these...

At the collage in Poplar they had just put this in but it was not hook up. They had it tied off with a rope so it would not turn yet. The building was closed while I was there so I did not get to speak to any one to find out what type it is. Out of 15 days there the wind did not bolw 2 of them.

When I say wind, I mean wind. Some times it was 30 + mpr. Wish I had that wind here in Alabama.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 03:10:23 PM by (unknown) »

Tritium

Re: Trip To Montana
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 01:07:49 PM »
That second one looks like an Entegrity Wind Systems Inc. unit. They are based in Canada. 50 Kw, downwind. Several have been installed at high school campuses near here. Two at one campus ran for possibly 9 months to a year then the bearings went out and they have been sitting idle for 6 months or so now waiting for repair.

Thurmond

« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 01:07:49 PM by Tritium »

Basil

• 3 rd shift made me this way.
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 05:28:40 AM »
Hi Tritium

Now I know what the big ones are. There were two there. The little one I haven't found out yet. WolfPoint is only 50 mile from Canada so that may be where they came from. The top photo, I looked it up and in the 70's and 80's they were big hit.

I wish I had the little one here to play with.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:28:40 AM by Basil »

HaroldCR

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 07:11:58 AM »

That Enertech is an Induction Motor type grid tie. They were out of Colorado. The blades won't turn, until the wind reaches, I believe, 12 MPH. It then releases a brake and the motor will run at overspeed, and put out current, to backfeed into the grid.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 07:11:58 AM by HaroldCR »