Author Topic: Wood Burning Stirling Engine  (Read 18600 times)

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Wood Burning Stirling Engine
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »
Joe;

My job in this life is to create lots of do nothing stuff and have fun doing it.

Might be time to build some winged mobile type yard art that happemns to also spin magnets past copper?

Just a thought!

Tom

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 09:00:34 AM by TomW »

zeusmorg

« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2009, 12:19:38 PM »
 I'm really thinking that the most practical way to convert wood scraps to electricity for us do-it-yerselfers is through gassification, ( or syn-gas).

It is practical and decently efficient too!

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 12:19:38 PM by zeusmorg »

JoeWXYZ

« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »
TomW, That is why I enjoy this site so much. Thousands of members have joined over the last few years since I have been gone. Lots of real good projects. Thanks for you input. Joseph.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 07:45:45 PM by JoeWXYZ »

spinningmagnets

« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »
HA! my wife wants a 4-bedroom house with a 2-car garage, and I want a two-bedroom house with a 4-car garage!. We also have just moved. Now in Kansas. So, we will be renting for a year or so. I forgot about how Stirlings can be very quiet and low pressures mean it can safely be run inside a house.

I will have a shop of some type, even if its just half a 2-car garage.

Maybe not ideal for a power generator, but if you are burning wood inside your home, and cold outside air is available, why not charge a few flashlight batteries while we are at it? I've always liked watching machines moving and spinning since I was a child.

I've recntly been reading about the proper construction and proper function of a Russian stove and a Rocket stove. Both situated in the middle of a living space, ideally between the living room and kitchen. Both use a very hot and short burn, so almost no smoke or creosote...

Fun project I want to do is a solar Stirling, it is far off and I guess we'll see if it ever gets built...

« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 05:55:20 AM by spinningmagnets »