Author Topic: DC generators  (Read 7917 times)

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
Re: DC generators
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 09:00:44 AM »
bob g;

I agree, and wish that clfguy would not have put in that he was pulling out.

I am all for an open and honest debate, I prefer to be proven wrong on items such as this discussion. I learn better than way.

I have followed H2 for years now, even helped with the design and implementation of the H2 house here in St.Louis, back when the whole idea came into vogue when the previous Prez. started speaking about it.

Of course that area uses commercial grade H2 and is expensive and wasn't meant to be a long term just proof of concept. I dropped out of there once the wild claims started coming in and spent more time correcting flat out lies than getting any real work accomplished.

I also follow the HHO stuff, and along with H2 economy there are more flat out lies than truth. BUT there are true works going on and it for the most part does what it does.

IF we take into account the energy used to make the different levels of stainless steel and such then the pay back will be oh 150+ years :-).

For cars that can't be tweaked using computer controlled fuel injection and dynamic adjustment for spark on gas engines, they do offer a more complete burn.

I am currently sourcing the parts for a unit to install in our 5.7L V8 Suburban and once built and installed I will be making tons of real-world tests.

I already know that on 89Octane fuel it gets 19mpg highway and on E50 (105Octane is gets 18mpg highway. This tests was done on a drive from St.Louis to Nashville using for the trip there 89Octane and return trip E50 which is me mixing E85 with enough 87Octane to make the E50, ( gotta love the math since E85 is 85% Alky and 87 is 10% Alky). the cost of 89Octane was 2.78/gal at the time and E85 1.89/gal.

Knowing these factors and the fact that I can make my Alky out of scraps and cost me a lot less than 1.89/gal and wish to test the HHO field to see IF it's worth staying with.

I enjoy having active discussions and still am very careful not to PO the admins about this type of discussions that can include Alky.

Cheers

Bruce S

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:00:44 AM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
TomW;

As in my very long winded post to Bob g, and some other recent posts.

This is the very reason why I try to make sure it was and currently is okay to post answers to these questions.

My first few posts to NTL, was even to make sure it was okay since like our daughter, other under age 21 people are here trying to learn.

Open, frank and candid discussions of this type, when people keep their collective coolness, are very much needed in a world where wild claims can be made with little or no responsibility to the poster.

I will say again: THANK YOU to all the editors and admin for allowing these discussions to continue, so long as they don't start flame wars.

Once those start, lock the post if you still can.

Cheers;

Bruce S

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:17:01 AM by Bruce S »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2010, 09:20:50 AM »
ALLAN:

Not really sure anyone has said it BUT I WILL.

My apologies for taking your post way way way off track.

Thanks

Bruce S

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 09:20:50 AM by Bruce S »

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »
Bruce;

First off, Thanks for your continued support for myself and your ongoing contributions here on this forum.

The New Software [YAY!] will literally open the floodgates on these type posts. I guess you can call it evolution. It is possible to perform thread splits on SMF which makes thread hijacking easy to control by simply shifting the diverting comments to their own thread.

We also opened up the topics a good bit. Even have a Pub for the jokes and fun stuff.

We really needed this coming upgrade and I sure hope folks do not have issues getting in the groove of SMF.

This software will really improve a lot of issues with keeping things pertinent and topical on the individual boards.

See you there!

Tom

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 02:50:04 PM by TomW »

bob g

• 8.8kwatt idi diesel thermal conversion unit
    • microcogen.info
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2010, 03:44:23 PM »
i think folks will find SMF to be a really neat forum and yes it makes it so easy to move stuff around in order to keep a thread on topic.

its pretty cool you guys setup a pub area, we have one over on our forum we call the "octagon" where folks can gripe, moan, scream, complain about all sorts of stuff, like big government, liberalism vs conservatism (always good for a laugh, or a black eye)

and just about anything but religion (we drew the line there for obvious reasons).

so far even the overunity crowd have not found a way in to pollute the discussion, and if they did they get a free ride to the "octagon" and heaven help them their.

rules there are pretty simple, "bring your own cut man"  :)

and it helps to have thick skin.

oddly enough, once there is a place for the off the wall stuff, it rarely gets used??

go figure, if you don't have it you find you will need it several times a week, if you have it... maybe it gets used a couple times a month??

human nature i guess, and nature abhors a vacuum

i am very excited about the new forum software, it will allow this great resource to grow in ways not even imaginable now.

if i might suggest at this early stage, include a "white papers" section, so that those

that are doing research can publish very useful and frequently referred to material.

that is if you haven't already

:)

ok, i will shut up now, its just too easy to get excited about the changeover to SMF

bob g

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 03:44:23 PM by bob g »
research and development of a S195 changfa based trigenerator, modified
large frame automotive alternators for high output/high efficiency project X alternator for 24, 48 and higher voltages, and related cogen components.
www.microcogen.info and a SOMRAD member

TomW

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2010, 04:01:16 PM »
Bob;

that is if you haven't already

Another beauty of SMF, changes are easy to do "on the fly" no high end programmer needed just an admin with a browser and all fairly well documented right in the interface or just so obvious no documentation needed.

Need I mention "Stickies" that stay on top for commonly requested information right up front and not buried under 50K posts.

See you there!

Tom

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:01:16 PM by TomW »