Author Topic: Dump Load w/Ghurd Controller  (Read 1717 times)

behoof

Dump Load w/Ghurd Controller
« on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:05 PM »
Finally got my dump load and controller set up completed. Was a lot of fun to build and I appreciate all the help from Ghurd and SparWeb and others. This board sure is a wealth of information.

I used (10) 5 ohm 225 Watt resistors with (10) flyback diodes and (10) FET's . Assorted wire 10awg, 20awg and 14awg and terminal blocks for busses at joints. The terminal blocks worked great, I wondered if that was gonna be such a good idea but it worked out nicely.

The FET's are mounted on 3/8" nylon strip and as you can see I used an old computer case for the body of the project.

I've got it all mounted and it's working great, had the opportunity to see it working on the day I installed it. That is a rarity as whenever I install anything "Wind" , the wind is usually flat for a month LOL. Lucked out on this one though.

I've also got my Zubbly (RIP) 3hp conversion back together after the crash last Fall and am in the process of getting my new tower together to get it back up shortly, can't wait. I really lucked out when this one crashed (due to Chinese chain breaking) because when it hit the ground at about Mach 8, it hit so squarely that although the case and end frames, and blades and mount and were destroyed, I was lucky in that my armature survived totally intact... the silver lining I think?

Also, busily winding coils and slowly progressing on my 10' Dan's built axial flux jenny (Thank you TomW). I'm beginning to think I'm trying to keep up with TomW, you know, the guy with the wind farm in the Midwest <smile>. Anyway, I am moving along on the axial, a bit slowly with all the other projects going on at the same time.

Just too much fun for one guy I think.
They're in the wire!!

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
Re: Dump Load w/Ghurd Controller
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
Looks Great Behoof!

Dumping on the 1st day must be a record.   :o
G-
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller