Author Topic: Central Boiler furnaces  (Read 1700 times)

DodgeGirl

Central Boiler furnaces
« on: December 31, 2005, 04:59:22 PM »
We are thinking about purchasing a Central Boiler outdoor wood furnace.We were told these do not have blowers.Also told that you do not need a blower,that you just lose heat out the chimney this way.We thought you could probably only burn dead wood in this without a blower, but they say you can burn green wood and everything.Does anyone have any experience with this kind of furnace? Thanks
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 04:59:22 PM by (unknown) »

halfcrazy

Re: Central Boiler furnaces
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 10:20:52 AM »
they burn pretty good i would get the dual fuel model that way the wood will fire back up from the kerosene burner my biggest complaint with them is smoke lots of it if you have close by neighbors make shure they are ok with it. the other is the price of the thing. i helped hook one up for a friend and i hooked up a regular new yorker wood boiler at my house but i put it in a shed out back the house where i keep my wood the only difference between the two is i fill mine 2-3 times a day and he fills his once a day and did i mention smoke i dont know if there is a way you could make the central boiler run cleaner? also a side note if you are on renewable energy the central boiler has a circulator running 24/7 using around 100 watts. with my new yorker i could put antifreeze in and the pump only runs when needed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 10:20:52 AM by halfcrazy »