Author Topic: 24 volt air conditioning and heating system  (Read 4396 times)

xboxman

24 volt air conditioning and heating system
« on: February 10, 2007, 02:57:35 PM »
this sounds good anyone know any more inbfo on this thing ? like the price tag ?

it sounds like it runs on 110 or 24 volt DC

here's a link the the full story

http://www.renewableenergyaccess.com/rea/partner/story;jsessionid=CD7216E389448F912997DAE13947D482?i

d=47399
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:57:35 PM by (unknown) »

RP

• A dog with novelty teeth. What could go wrong?
Re: 24 volt air conditioning and heating system
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
I don't know about the Version 4 but they offer a two ton hybrid unit for $5,999 according to this link http://www.solcool.net/pdf_files/sc_pricelist_3_30_06.pdf

I was beginning to think they had something until I looked at their other products and found this:

http://www.solcool.net/fms.htm  which is their negative ion mineral filled valve stems to give you better mileage and traction.  When I saw that my alarms went off.  If they offered windmills I'm sure they'd use new patent pending technology to get you off-grid with a rooftop 2 foot diameter turbine.  :-(

On a more serious note, I've wondered if any of the mainstream refrigeration companies ever considered adding hall effect sensors and low voltage windings to a small 3-phase compressor.  That way you'd essentially have a brushless DC motor in there with the same overall design as a standard 3 phase AC unit.  With no brushes to wear and all the electronics outside it would be easilly adaptable to 12-24-48volts with cheap off the shelf electronics.  I can dream...

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 01:08:00 PM by RP »

ghurd

• Super Hero Member Plus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »
GE is using some ECMs for the fans.  It's a start.

G-
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 02:18:09 PM by ghurd »
www.ghurd.info<<<-----Information on my Controller

wdyasq

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 11:44:59 PM »
Gurd,

You may enjoy this:

http://www.dynamotors.com/

on the 'higher speed' stuff the electornics could not take the centripetal forces. The power curve near matches power needed for air handling.

Ron

« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 11:44:59 PM by wdyasq »
"I like the Honey, but kill the bees"

SolCool Sales

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:09:40 PM »
Dear RP,

The FMS or Fuel Management System is product that we felt was needed to assist in lowering the consumption and the amount of money spent by all of us on fossil fuel. We at SolCool are looking for products that can improve the air we breathe, water that we drink and the cost of heating and cooling a home or business. This means that there some products that at "first glance" may seem a bit out of the "norm" but the SolCool itself is out of the "norm". Reducing fossil fuel consumption, in our humble opinion, seemed to be in line with our goal of saving the planet.

We do not sell Wind Turbines or Solar Energy Systems because our dealers and distributors are in the renewable energy business. The majority of them sells and installs those products. We would put ourselves in competition with our own dealers and distributors if we were to offer those products.

The new SolCool version 4 is all DC which means that it is power standard neutral (it does not matter if you are on the US or EU power standard) as long as you charge the internal batteries it will run up to 24 hours before needing to be recharged. The SolCool V4 will take solar, wind, fuel cell, mini hydro, tidal or generator provided power. It will heat and cool, is remote controlled, is climate neutral (high and/or low humidity) and uses 500 watts DC. As far as pricing goes, our ever growing network of dealers and distributors will be more than happy to assist you with your purchase and installation of your SolCool system.

Finally, we made the SolCool V4 in response to numerous requests from all over the globe for a universal system that could be used in the Caribbean, equatorial Africa, South East Asia and from the Hawaiian Islands to Ellis Island. Our goal is to produce and/or offer products that will allow future generations to be able to survive long after you and I are gone.

Sincerely,

Cliff Sutton

VP Global Marketing and Sales

SolCool One, LLC

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:09:40 PM by SolCool Sales »

RP

• A dog with novelty teeth. What could go wrong?
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 08:36:06 PM »
I'm curious about the charging of the V4.  

Does it incorporate its own electrical batteries or does "charging" refer to ice storage?  If it does incorporate batteries then I'd be interested in the assumptions about power usage (duty cycle) over a 24 hour period and the depth of discharge used in the estimates.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 08:36:06 PM by RP »

SolCool Sales

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 11:20:13 PM »
Dear RP,

Thank you, however you will have to wait until after we have had our launch and webcast with all of our current and potential dealers and distributors. We will make public the technical specifications and certifications of the V4 shortly after the launch.

Sincerely,

Clifford Sutton

VP Global Marketing and Sales

SolCool One, LLC.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 11:20:13 PM by SolCool Sales »