Author Topic: Oil Heater  (Read 1656 times)

DBGenerator

Oil Heater
« on: May 01, 2007, 07:12:19 PM »
If you can use recycled french fry oil in your diesel vehicle, and you can use diesel fuel in your home oil heater, can you use recycled french fry oil in your home oil heater??  Has anyone tried it?

I just moved to a new home with oil heat.  Beats the heck out of that heat pump in the other home.

Dave
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 07:12:19 PM by (unknown) »

Hilltopgrange

Re: Oil Heater
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 04:31:23 PM »
Yes you can but you will need the correct Burner. I run my central heating for my home and workshop on waste lard from a local chip shop I have also used vegie and tested with waste engine oil they all burn very well but lard/fat is the best and seems to burn hotter. I did a reply on an earlier post with more detail and a link to German supplier see the link below.

http://www.fieldlines.com/comments/2007/3/24/223224/114/1#1

Russell

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 04:31:23 PM by Hilltopgrange »
How many windmills do I have to build to become a windmillologist?

Gordy

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 04:40:03 PM »
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/altfuelfurnace/ This site will give you a good deal of info.

Gordy

« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 04:40:03 PM by Gordy »

Bruce S

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member Plus
  • USA
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
DBgenerator;

Take a gander over on pepas diary. He's got quite the setup. In fact, at the end of May I plan on making an extended visit to take copious notes a pictures of his setup to answer several questions. Enquirying minds want to know:--)

Drop him a note he's very forth coming about his setup:-) never mind the fact that he's got about 1,000 gals of oil all setup and ready for next winter:-)

Also , there is the Mother Earth News archives , go to thier website and find the archive are and type in, waste oil burner, they did tons of stuff, then there's also journey to forever's website, they seem to have gotten building these down to a science.

Hope this helps!!

Bruce S

« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 02:42:51 PM by Bruce S »
A kind word often goes unsaid BUT never goes unheard

WindHarvester

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 03:12:59 PM »
Hello Hilltopgrange,

I wanted to thank you for all the useful information on your waste oil heater.

I havent been geting much time at the computer lately. It was a very informative article.

Funny about the oil guy ;-}

Thanks again!

Lonnie in Ohio

« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:12:59 PM by WindHarvester »