Author Topic: Self build house made from preformed blocks  (Read 3818 times)

jamesjones

Self build house made from preformed blocks
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:53:34 PM »
I saw a website somewhere but have lost the bookmark for it, about a man who invented an excellent way of building your own house, using simple flat blocks (I can't remember what they were made from) which were placed on top of each other, without any cement, and had holes in the middle, through which you put the plumbing and electrical stuff, and then finally you poured concrete into the long vertical holes that had formed (if I remember correctly). The outer appearance was just like a normal brick building, but the blocks were much wider and longer than a normal house brick, and were all the structure that was needed to create the wall.

There was a video on the site of a group of children building a sample building (only a small room), in a matter of hours, which was absolutely amazing, they'd never seen the blocks, etc. before and were soon able to create a usable building.

Does anybody here know who this inventor was and where his site is? I can't for the life of me remember how I found it.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 03:53:34 PM by (unknown) »