Homebrewed Electricity > Wind

3 phase magnet placement question

(1/3) > >>

picmacmillan:
i am confused on how to place my magnets on my steel plates as per hugh's book....i am using 3 phase(4 coils each phase)(12 coils), and 24x1" dia. neo's for magnets...are the magnets layed out concentrically or are they supposed to be staggered and if so, how?..also, because this is a dual rotor what fields(north or south) are supposed to be on each steel plate?  thanks ...randy

witapple:
"are the magnets layed out concentrically or are they supposed to be staggered and if so, how?..also, because this is a dual rotor what fields(north or south) are supposed to be on each steel plate?  thanks ...randy"
Each rotor should have the magnet faces alternate N-S-N-S and each rotor should be positioned so the magnets look directly at the opposite rotor magnets(thru the stator), so a N pole should be facing a S pole on the other rotor and then at the next magnet a S pole should be looking at a N pole etc etc..

Hope that sounds clear enough.
Dan

Flux:
Witapple has covered the magnet bit, but if you use 12 coils with 12 poles you will get single phase.
The simplest way to get 3 phase is to use 9 coils ( 3 coils per phase )
Space your magnets equally round the outside of the discs as described above.
Flux

picmacmillan:
thanks guys....the job is done now....will be testing tomorrow to see what i have for output.......i have 12 coils 3 phase(4 coils in each phase)...my coils are too big and have a resistance of 1 ohm each..my coils are 200 turns of # 18 awg.....i will see tomorrow how much power i can get in star just to see..my magnets are neo's 1" dia...i am on the belief that i will have to redo my stator with alot less turns maybe 65 turns of #15  awg. but if anyone has a been there done that idea, i am all ears......thanks again....pickster

picmacmillan:
after second thought i may have made a mistake but need your input....i placed 12 magnets concentrically on my steel disc...i didn't check for north south, i just stuck them in their respective jpositions....were each of these supposed to be north south north south etc?..... i made sure that the magnets for the opposite disc were arranged so they would be facing and attracting to each magnet on the opposing disc......they were for sure north facing south etc?....i guess my question would be, for the first disc was i suppose to put one north then the next one south etc...thanks....pickster

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version