Author Topic: I may have something here!!  (Read 2099 times)

mccoyxx

I may have something here!!
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:08:03 PM »
Ok ..heres the question...say someone has a well they don't use thats approx. 20 ft. deep ...would it be possible to get a small bio-diesel water pump or possibly a very efficient electric one and run to the water in the bottom of the well and pump it up to the top...then have a long piece of aluminum or pvc pipe going from the top to the bottom of the well with 3 or 4 ...or really the possibility is endless depending on how deep the well is!! hydro generators mounted inside the pipe at certain intervals and sealed very good ..so that the only way water could get through was through the turbines themselves and you wouldn't leak water around the hydros and lose pressure/power..then run the hydro generators to a large battery bank?? the pump would drop the water into the pipe and the waterfall effect would work with gravity and push the water straight back to the bottom ..in turn forcing the turbines to turn...or even better maybe even hook the water pump directly to the top of the pipe creating a type of forced inductioin system so that all of the usable force would be available instead of just the free falling water...this would probably be a better way anyways...the water would just recycle and keep going and going and if you have a deep well so you could use more generators and an efficient electric water pump  you could put it to work off the extra capacity of power produced by so many generators?? I know you probably couldn't run an entire home on this unless you had a very very large battery bank...but, if you did your system could work 24/7 ...so while you were asleep or away and not using much power it could top the charging in the bank off for the next day!! this may not be at all possible...but me being new to this stuff I really felt like it had potential and thought I'd share!! RSM
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 12:08:03 PM by (unknown) »

DaveW

Re: I may have something here!!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 05:37:04 AM »
  The friction in a closed loop system costs in energy loss. You would get less power out than what you put in.  Better to use the diesel to run a generator directly. This is the same answer you will get the next time you post this, too.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:37:04 AM by DaveW »

disaray1

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 05:41:45 AM »
 You're going to use way more energy to pump the water from the well than the turbines, generators, or whatever, will ever produce. A very effective net loss.

There is no free lunch. Perpetual aint gonna happen. But keep thinking!

disaray1

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:41:45 AM by disaray1 »

Norm

• Ohio's sharpest corner
You don't have anything
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2006, 05:51:01 AM »
 I think you're gonna get knocked off again....but maybe

the editor will explain why before he does.

( :>) Norm.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:51:01 AM by Norm »

drdongle

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2006, 05:54:32 AM »
If I follow what you thinking is, it sounds an awfull lot like a "perpetual motion" machine. When brain storming keep in mind that you will always get less out of a system that you put into it. In your case you put say 1000 watts of power in to the motor as the prime mover, all your various generators will deliver less that 1000 watt total. This is because of inherent inefficencies in 1) the pump, 2) the generators, 3) friction in the pipes, 4) surface tension of the water.

A far more practical solution would be to couple the generator to the prime mover (deisel engine or electric motor) directly. This is still inefficient but better that you outlined idea because there are fewer elements that introduce inefficiency.

Remember you will NEVER get more out of any system than you put into it.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:54:32 AM by drdongle »

coldspot

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2006, 06:14:47 AM »
The only way this could work-

Not being efficient!

Was to maybe, if ya had a large air compressor, pump only.

put this up on a tower in the wind with huge blades to get it to spin and ran the air line down into

the well twice as far as height to be lifted and then had the lifted water run thru your hydros.

Of course a wind turbine up there with same blades would make much better power I'm sure.

But if ya had the pump and well and hydros and not a turbine, ect,.. ect...

« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 06:14:47 AM by coldspot »
$0.02