Author Topic: Using a small river for home cooling?  (Read 11909 times)

devoncloud

Re: Using a small river for home cooling?
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2004, 10:43:42 PM »
TomW, sorry you are mad, but the idea would work.  And, it would not add more humidity in the air to cause mold, it would simply have a cooling effect.  There is only so much saturation a swamp cooler can cause (somewhere between 70 to 75 percent at the very top end of the spectrum)and that is it.  I know first hand, I lived in the desert the first 25 years of my life and worked on these types of coolers on my own house for ten of those years.  Since your humidity is already high, no more humidity will be added to the air, the air will simply be cooled by the cool water temperature exactly like your radiator idea minus the radiator.   MY ideas may not be the same as yours, but that does not mean that they are stupid.  As a matter of fact, my idea is more feasable than yours is due to it's simplicity.  I hope the board does not get mad at me for saying so, but TomW, if such a little thing such as someone disagreeing with your ideas (or a way to simplify them)makes you feel so threatened then perhaps you should stop posting.  Different solutions to the same problem is what makes this site what it is in my opinion.  Perhaps you should simply relax a little bit and realize people are not out to attack you or anyone else here?

the "stupid idea" guy

« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 10:43:42 PM by devoncloud »