Remote Living > Lighting

Tell me about cold-cathode lights

<< < (3/3)

tawa:
I also found a 110vac to 12vdc cig lighter adaptor for $3 at Big Lots. BAM! I grabbed one.

tcrenshaw:
I've been considering use of CCFL lamps instead the alternatives for efficient home lighting. I ordered a 24" CCFL lamp and 12v inverter from http://www.elwirecheap.com for $26.50 including shipping. I received the lamp yesterday so I haven't played with it a lot. I can say that the output of this one lamp is about the same at a 20 to 30 watt incandescent light. I run it off of an adapter with an output of 12v at .3A. This runs the lamp fairly bright and with no flicker. The CCFL lamp seems to be very efficient. The lamp color (white) is more a bluish color very much like the old fluorescent lights. Some people are bothered by this bluish color. It doesn't bother me. The level of light is fairly high for the amount of power being used. I haven't tried reading with this light yet but I don't expect any surprises. I plan on buying at least three more lamps and then I'll set them up to replace the four 40 watt incandescent lights in my bathroom. This'll be the second part of my testing to see if they will work as well as I hope. If they do work well then I'll be using them to replace many of the lights through out the house. The initial cost is high but the life of the lamp is 15 to 20,000 hours. I did get a kick out of connecting the lamp inverter directly to my 12v/40watt solar panel and it lit the lamp without any problem at all. In my future home in the back country these might be the only electric lamps in the house possibly with supplemental reading lamps of kerosene or oil. Only one caution, if you order from ElWireCheap, don't expect anything for customer service, they stink. They don't answer emails or phone calls. The order was delivered in 10 days including weekends and Christmas even though it had a two day shipping. During that time though I couldn't get an answer from anyone at ElWireCheap as to when the order was shipped. The product does seem to be fair quality. I may search for another merchant though.

ferry82:
China Apparel & Accessories catalog and Apparel & Accessories manufacturer directory. Trade platform for China Apparel & Accessories manufacturers and global Apparel & Accessories buyers provided by Made-in-China.com.
Sports Caps
Warm Caps
Work Caps
Bandana Headband Cravat

ferry82:

Apparel

China Apparel catalog and Apparel manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Apparel manufacturers and global Apparel buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Bag

China Bag catalog and Bag manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Bag manufacturers and global Bag buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Belt

China Belt catalog and Belt manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Belt manufacturers and global Belt buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Button

China Button catalog and Button manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Button manufacturers and global Button buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Cap

China Cap catalog and Cap manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Cap manufacturers and global Cap buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Crochet Hat

China Crochet Hat catalog and Crochet Hat manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Crochet Hat manufacturers and global Crochet Hat buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Dress

China Dress catalog and Dress manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Dress manufacturers and global Dress buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Dust Coat

China Dust Coat catalog and Dust Coat manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Dust Coat manufacturers and global Dust Coat buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Fashion Clothes

China Fashion Clothes catalog and Fashion Clothes manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Fashion Clothes manufacturers and global Fashion Clothes buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Footwear

China Footwear catalog and Footwear manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Footwear manufacturers and global Footwear buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Gloves

China Gloves catalog and Gloves manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Gloves manufacturers and global Gloves buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Gowns

China Gowns catalog and Gowns manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Gowns manufacturers and global Gowns buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Jacket

China Jacket catalog and Jacket manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Jacket manufacturers and global Jacket buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Jean

China Jean catalog and Jean manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Jean manufacturers and global Jean buyers provided by Made-in-China.com

Necktie

China Necktie catalog and Necktie manufacturer directory. Import & Export Trade Platform for China Necktie manufacturers and global Necktie buyers provided by Made-in-China.co

fungus:
can someone please delete all this spam and this comment

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version