Remote Living > Lighting

Cheap CFL;s

(1/6) > >>

Monzadude:
 I hope it's OK to post this. I found CFL's for 1 dollar each at Dollarama. I don't work for them or anything. I just thought it was a good price. I don't know who makes them. They just have the Dollarama name on them. They're 11 watts = 60 watts. I bought some to try and they seem to work alright. Maybe not quite as bright as some of the brand name ones I have but still pretty good. I realized that I still hadn't changed the bulb in my daughters room so I replaced the 100 watt bulb with one of these.( come to think of it, maybe that's why it didn't seem as bright) The very next day she turned her light on in the morning and forgot it was on. Good timing on her part. I hope this helps some of you. CFL's are great. CFL's for $1 is even better. :-)
Bill

pyrocasto:
I saw some for $2-3 at a flea market, but they didnt have the hours on them so I didnt try. I'm afraid to buy some that might go out in a few hours.
BTW, is dollarrom a local store or is it online?

Big All:
I've also bought some 11W CFL's from a local dollar store, work great but the color is a little too blue.

Monzadude:
It's just a dollar store chain. Maybe only in Canada I'm not sure.
These start a little yellow but after 20-30 seconds it's nice and white. It's barely noticable. It says it's rated for 6000 hrs.

doceanboy:
What name brand?

The reason I ask is Walmart recalled some this year "Globe" I had to return 5 sets....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version