Remote Living > Lighting

Does anyone know how MCD is calculated?

(1/3) > >>

whatsnext:
My old HK led supplier has gone away so I'm looking for a new one if anyone knows of one. I've found a guy selling 3mm 10,000mcd bulbs and I'm wondering if they have the same output as a 5mm 10,000mcd bulb. Or is MCD some sort of surface measurement? Being smaller the 3mm jobs would be nice. 32 degree angle also.

TIA, John.......

techwolf:
the size of the case does not matter, output is the same if the rating is the same.

richhagen:
The Candella is a measurement of the intensity of light at a given point.  A 15 degree radiation pattern LED that is giving off a certain amount of total light as measured in Lumens (The unit of luminous flux in the International System, equal to the amount of light given out through a solid angle by a source of one candela intensity radiating equally in all directions) would have a higher MCD rating than an LED with a 60 degree pattern with the same Lumen rating.  Lumens is total light, Candella is intensity.  Very rarely however do you see a lumen rating for LED's advertised.  A rough comparison for the total light given off can be inferred from the definition of a lumen by comparing the fraction of a sphere that would be illuminated with the source in the center for each distribution pattern and multiplying by the intensity of the light for each case.  Of course, depending upon the application, the distribution pattern may make a huge practical difference between the particular LED's.  Rich

Trivo:
this mob will send to you direct http://www.hebeiltd.com.cn/

whatsnext:
Trivo, I've heard of this guy, how is he? My old supplier was very good if not too good at engrish. Plus $16.50/100 delivered was kind of nice.

John.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version