Remote Living > Lighting

New 120VAC LEDs

<< < (5/6) > >>

Bruce S:
Hello Rich;
That was an interesting situation about the mains power, I certainly agree on that part.
 BUT it worked out for the best.
Wait til some of the pics you have got on the board and people see how the land was "angled" :-)
I'm getting excited about heading back out.
I'm thinking a new post to see if any others would like to come along would be cool.
Great pics BTW!
Cheers;
Bruce S

dnix71:
Richhagen I notice the preschool appears to operate in English. What happened to Spanish and Tagalog?

Striider:
Excellent thread!  I like the history, and I have experienced similar results with LED's and longevity.  I wired some led's into my pop up camper 4 years ago, and they are still going strong.

Also of note - I see LED Christmas lights mentioned at one point in this thread.  I dropped by the local Lowes the day after Christmas and they were all on sale for 50% off.  I scored 10 boxes of (I think) 100 ct leds, and they say they take 3.5 watts per strand.  Also picked up a remote controlled outlet for them.  Total bill = under $50.

At my cabin in the mountains, I was planning to run underground power to the outhouse, light it up inside, and light up my back door with them.  It is winter, so I can't easily bury any cables, so I ended up just using the lights as an extension cord themselves and lighting the entire walkway to the outhouse, and around the back door.  This is a total of 4 strands, and you can see my cabin from miles away, as they are BRIGHT!  I can't even see the wattage meter move on the Xantrex inverter when I turn them on, although admittedly I haven't looked that super closely.  I have so many strands left, I am thinking in summer when we entertain guests, I may run them all the way around the campfire area and maybe decorate the barn, who knows?  I run CFL's inside the house, and the light is much softer and natural, so I don't envision converting over inside.

richhagen:
Dnix, Tagalo and English are the official languages taught in school there.  Most of the young in towns and cities speak English.  Out in the countryside, the young may speak halting English, as it is taught in school, in addition to their local dialect and some Tagalo.  At least that has been my experience. Many of the older folks do not speak much English in the very rural areas. 

BruceS, yes, I agree, others are more than welcome to come along and pitch in if they have the time and resources to get there (and back).

Bruce S:

--- Quote from: richhagen on February 06, 2012, 11:31:36 AM ---Dnix, Tagalo and English are the official languages taught in school there.  Most of the young in towns and cities speak English.  Out in the countryside, the young may speak halting English, as it is taught in school, in addition to their local dialect and some Tagalo.  At least that has been my experience. Many of the older folks do not speak much English in the very rural areas. 

BruceS, yes, I agree, others are more than welcome to come along and pitch in if they have the time and resources to get there (and back).

--- End quote ---
With how nice that area is the "leaving" to get back might be the hardest part  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version